FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Pics Needed Of Foci's With 18's And Some With 17's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey guys, i'm lookin at picking me up some rims really soon!! And i've figured out which rims i want, now i just gotta figure out if i want 17's or 18's, and i'm basing this on looks, so can you guys post of pics of your rides sporting some 17's, and some 18's, thanks guys..oh!! And i'm open to opinions on what i should do and the pro's and con's of either size rim
smith21,May 26 2006, 05:39 PM Wrote:And i'm open to opinions on what i should do and the pro's and con's of either size rim [right][snapback]189803[/snapback][/right]
Are your roads that good in the Sudbury area that you could even consider 18s?
lol...their s***ty, but i know people running 19's who haven't had a problem yet...and their starting to get better, plus, i only plan on being here another year MAX!
Go with 17's. The only 18's I've seen that I liked were MEFORD'S and EUROFORDFAN'S (both had wide body kits.)

Plus I think 17's are cheaper on rubber. The Focus looks funny with really big wheels.
ANTHONYD,May 26 2006, 06:16 PM Wrote:Go with 17's. The only 18's I've seen that I liked were MEFORD'S and EUROFORDFAN'S (both had wide body kits.)

Plus I think 17's are cheaper on rubber. The Focus looks funny with really big wheels.
[right][snapback]189815[/snapback][/right]

i plan on running a widebody at the latest next summer tho :huh:
17's max. I've run sudbury a few times with mine and I know 18's would be pooched fast.

I'll post pics later of my car on 17's.
oh! and btw, these are the rims i'm looking at getting

http://www.konigwheels.com/catalog_product...yID=1&ss_id=373
Here's a couple of pics of my wagon on 17's:

[Image: th_c42da9d8.jpg]
[Image: th_ae7b8e0e.jpg]
those look like axis - spider rims but regardless i like them
ANTHONYD,May 26 2006, 06:16 PM Wrote:Go with 17's. The only 18's I've seen that I liked were MEFORD'S and EUROFORDFAN'S (both had wide body kits.)

[right][snapback]189815[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, there arent many focus that can make 18's look good....meford and simons are there for sure!!

Anyone got any pics of EFF's old rig...I miss that beast!
you forgot Mitch in that list..at least i'm pretty sure he has 18's
smith21,May 26 2006, 06:27 PM Wrote:you forgot Mitch in that list..at least i'm pretty sure he has 18's
[right][snapback]189836[/snapback][/right]

Well my rims are in and they are 18's. I am not scared to have them on my wagon. I will be running a 215/40/18 with a reinforced side wall. If they are too tall I will be dropping down to a 215/35/18! I do have some bad news about the Konigs, there is no rep in Canada anymore, Konig has pulled out. If you want those you will have to get them out of the States! All I can say is warranty, warranty, warranty, if anything goes wrong your f**ked ;) !
how about a focus on 19"s

[Image: DSC00051.jpg]
[Image: bt.jpg]
[Image: DSC00017.jpg]
[Image: DSC00009-1.jpg]
My car with the 18" TD Monzas

[Image: picture.JPG]

And with the 17" Redlines

[Image: picture.JPG]

I only have the 18s on after the roads are fixed, and even then, I think I have already bent one driving in edmonton. For some reason they tend to just leave a giant drop wherever they stop paving. I was only doing 70kph as marked and despite braking as soon as I saw the pavement change, I hit it hard enough that now my car pulls to the right. Great work :rolleyes:

If it's a daily driver, 18s are really of no benefit other than looking nice. 17s will be lighter while still offering room for large brakes, low profile rubber, etc...

02ztsian

My ZTS on 17" OZ Superlegerras-just picked them up over the Victoria Day weekend.

[Image: Picture37465.jpg]
^^ That looks seriously pimp.
If this is your only car/daily driver I'd probably go with 17s. Unless you like worrying about your wheels and which roads you can drive down safely..

Personally I think 18s look too big on a Focus unless you've got some serious body mods. Otherwise they just sort of look out of place.
17 x 7.5 on an 05 zx5

[Image: rimz005.jpg]
05blackzx5,May 27 2006, 06:43 PM Wrote:17 x 7.5 on an 05 zx5

^^^Those wheels are the wheels I was within days of buying for my 1996 Contour back in 2001. Looks awesome on a Focus as well!
LOFOCI WAGON,May 27 2006, 01:24 AM Wrote:Well my rims are in and they are 18's. I am not scared to have them on my wagon. I will be running a 215/40/18 with a reinforced side wall. If they are too tall I will be dropping down to a 215/35/18!

What kind of drop are you running? I'm running a 2" drop, I have 215/35R18s on 18x8" wheels and they rub really badly with an empty hatch and two people in the car. I don't even want to imagine once the battery/stereo is all in the car back there.
Pages: 1 2