FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Stealth C.a.i.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not sure where is the post ( I was searching for it, but couldn't find it).. but anyway, the link to the How-to is here The Stealth C.A.I.. I just want to express my appreciation to BlazingCopper_ZX3 who came out with this brilliant idea.

I would like to note one thing. It does make the job a lot a lot easier by removing the front wheel and the splash guard.

Today (I felt very lazy) I was trying to do this without even jacking up the car and removing any thing. Everything went quite well until I have to unscrew the stock airbox. I was skinny enough to crawl under the car (phew) without jacking up the car. But I realized that there wasn't enough space for me to uncrew the nut which was holding the box on the side. But I was still too lazy to do anything.. tried to unscrew the nut for a very long time.. I think I spent almost 20mins to unscrew it due to lacking of space.. later, I was able to unscrew the nut and pull out the box. There wasn't enough space to take the box out from under. so at last, I jacked the car up and unscrew one side of the splash guard and kinda force the box out.. hehehe.. luckily nothing was broken or bent.. hehehe

Well, after I remove the box and the intake pipe, I was shocked!!.. the pipe is so so so long and noting the position of the pipe, discovered that the air was actually draw from under the wiper!!.. gee.. how much air can actually do through there..

So I am really glad and happy to have change the intake.. :)
you'd be surprised as when the car is moving, the area by the wiper is a pressurized area. Drawing pressurized air isn't a bad thing... of course, it all depends on how restrictive the piping is as well.
darkpuppet,May 26 2006, 08:23 PM Wrote:you'd be surprised as when the car is moving, the area by the wiper is a pressurized area.  Drawing pressurized air isn't a bad thing...  of course, it all depends on how restrictive the piping is as well.
[right][snapback]189789[/snapback][/right]

I wish I wasn't that lazy to take some picture this morning. The pipe is very narrow and the intake valve on the air box was even smaller than my fist! (I'm a Chinese who is only 5'7.. u can imagine how small my fist can be.. heheheeh.. )
cowymo,May 26 2006, 10:33 PM Wrote:..... (I'm a Chinese who is only 5'7..  u can imagine how small my fist can be.. heheheeh.. )
[right][snapback]189822[/snapback][/right]

there are a few things that we're all thinking but since it goes without saying we'll just leave it at that.

:D
nass,May 27 2006, 06:41 PM Wrote:
cowymo,May 26 2006, 10:33 PM Wrote:..... (I'm a Chinese who is only 5'7..  u can imagine how small my fist can be.. heheheeh.. )
[right][snapback]189822[/snapback][/right]

there are a few things that we're all thinking but since it goes without saying we'll just leave it at that.

:D
[right][snapback]189921[/snapback][/right]

We wont hold it against you :lol:
we're all friends here.....