FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Did Some Painting Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 100_1778.jpg]

[Image: 100_1783.jpg]

[Image: 100_1780.jpg]
I was bored so i thought i would get all the rust before it started getting bad.
Sanded it all off with 320 and 400 grit sandpaper, then primered some of it, and used some touch up paint, but then i got lazy and went and got some tremclad and painted the rest. Also used one of those wipes that get all the grease and crap off. lol :lol:
I got rust on the bottom of my doors :(
nass,May 25 2006, 08:53 PM Wrote:I got rust on the bottom of my doors :(
[right][snapback]189638[/snapback][/right]

come to my shop///I can oil spray and rust proof your car for you
I might take you up on that.....
Hey Kev, I just installed altezza tail lights and they are a bit narrower (1/2 inch max) on the outside. Which let's this cute little (not little enough) rust blotch show through.. I was thinking about paintin it this weekend, sand it down and use the touch up spray...
How did it turn out, this could eithr go really good or really bad, let me know
jen_deans,May 26 2006, 11:11 AM Wrote:Hey Kev, I just installed altezza tail lights and they are a bit narrower (1/2 inch max) on the outside. Which let's this cute little (not little enough) rust blotch show through.. I was thinking about paintin it this weekend, sand it down and use the touch up spray...
How did it turn out, this could eithr go really good or really bad, let me know
[right][snapback]189681[/snapback][/right]

Can we see pics of you so we can help you out better?

:ph34r:
haha well I will post some when I have time, at work right now but I will def post some pics of my LIGHTS and car! :P
so did you leave the primer/tremclad on... or are you putting paint on?.... we can do it on monday or something if you need some help
got to check up on it today, its raining right now, and i havent taken the masking off yet, i put 3 coats of tremclad spraypaint on it. Although one problem with my job is that i didn't get all of the rust off it. That'll probably come back to haunt me later on.
If you do anything like this chip off a bit of paint around the holes becasue the rust probably made its way under the paint around it.

Ill post some pics alter on, although, its not even close to the right colour. :P . I was thinking about painting it dark blue or something.
crazikev,May 26 2006, 12:04 PM Wrote:Ill post some pics alter on, although,  its not even close to the right colour. :P .  I was thinking about painting it dark blue or something.
[right][snapback]189743[/snapback][/right]

HA...... ahem :P do the blue and when the sister isn't looking make her car opposite your

Like I said I'll help you layout some plans and some paint ....... if you want
[Image: pics.gif] of your sister!
Crazirich,May 26 2006, 12:11 PM Wrote:
crazikev,May 26 2006, 12:04 PM Wrote:Ill post some pics alter on, although,  its not even close to the right colour. :P .  I was thinking about painting it dark blue or something.
[right][snapback]189743[/snapback][/right]

HA...... ahem :P do the blue and when the sister isn't looking make her car opposite your

Like I said I'll help you layout some plans and some paint ....... if you want
[right][snapback]189746[/snapback][/right]
hmm, maybe, i just don't know what im going to do, knowing me ill probably just leave it like this lol. :lol: But i still have to do the other side.
[Image: 100_1784.jpg]

[Image: 100_1785.jpg]
deffinetly needs another coat of something, it looks quite thin.
Is there any point in using rust paint if you dont get rid of all the rust first? I know there are paints that you're supposed to use over rust to stop the spread, but I thought Tremclad was more for protecting against future rusting.

I guess not many people are going to look near the bottom of your car, but if it was mine I'd probably try to color match it at least..
I got the same problem too, rust along the side skirts all the way back.

Will be getting a quote soon to paint the whole side skirt portion on both sides in the right colour. :P
guilty,May 26 2006, 01:38 PM Wrote:Is there any point in using rust paint if you dont get rid of all the rust first?  I know there are paints that you're supposed to use over rust to stop the spread, but I thought Tremclad was more for protecting against future rusting.

I guess not many people are going to look near the bottom of your car, but if it was mine I'd probably try to color match it at least..
[right][snapback]189765[/snapback][/right]
well, i got most of it, jsut some spots, but most of it was gone, the big areas just some that was thin and along some paint and it looked like it was going to rain soon so i covered it up.
Its odd, but I wouldn't think a 2001 should be rusted that bad yet?
nass,May 26 2006, 12:53 AM Wrote:I got rust on the bottom of my doors :(
[right][snapback]189638[/snapback][/right]

I just found out from the dealership the other day. When I had my 03 focus and signed for the anti-rust option.. they grease my car so much that everywhere was so sticky.. and it was so sticky that all the dust was stuck onto it.. within 3 weeks, my hood, doors and wherever u can name it are black.. I had a friend who asked me.. "Is this a second hand car??" (the car that time had less then 3000k on it.. ).. I almost want to smack his face.. hahaha j/k

anyway for this 06 focus, to avoid these sticky stuff, i didn't sign for it.. but was told that the new ones are treated differently now.. No more sticky sticky all over Nour car. Now they charge your car with negative ION so that it won't rust. So I guess it should work on all cars then.. Still thinking of ways to charge the metal with -ve Ion.. but it should work this way.. :)
hardk0re,May 26 2006, 02:40 PM Wrote:Its odd, but I wouldn't think a 2001 should be rusted that bad yet?
[right][snapback]189785[/snapback][/right]
this is what the other side that i haven't done yet looks like, its pretty much the exact same rust spots
[Image: 100_1790.jpg]
Thats after 147000km.