FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Re-surfacing The Driveway
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay..my pops wants me to retar our driveway and I know nothing about this..

Is there a particular product to use?, how do you prep the surface? where do I buy tar from...etc?

help
do a burnout on every single square inch of the driveway. :P

Well as long as it looks better than my driveway when your done
[Image: 100_1696smaller.jpg]
WTF?
check the link - I think your Father wants you to re-seal the asphalt. Check CT, Home Depot, Rona etc they all have the re-sealants. Comes in large ( 5 gallon ) containers. Check the weather though - should be applied in hot weather, and make sure it isn't going to rain in 48hrs at least ( if you can ) Keep off the surface for at least 24hrs

http://www.cliquefriends.com/home_improvem...ay_sealants.htm
[Image: DrivewaySealer_5gal.gif]

+

[Image: 20030401_Spring_Fixes_page006img004.jpg]

=

[Image: newdrive.jpg]

Any Questions? :)
yup.. bucket o-sealer, and a squeezie is all you need..

well, you should wash down the driveway thoroughly beforehand as well as remove oil stains and whatnot.. THere are products that'll do it.

it's a pretty quick job... grab bucket, spill on ground, squeegie out.

Or depending on which sealer you use, you could use a garden sprayer to apply it..just watch out for overspray, and don't expect to reuse the sprayer after :P

that's what i used to thompson's water seal my mom's deck too.... take a full day job and do it in an hour.
It won't be a quick job for bunny and his 1/4km driveway. And that's not an exaggeration

Have fun with dat.
meford4u,May 25 2006, 09:31 PM Wrote:It won't be a quick job for bunny and his 1/4km driveway.  And that's not an exaggeration

Have fun with dat.
[right][snapback]189643[/snapback][/right]

oh yeh.///guess who andrew wants to help....

Mr. bigmouthQ
microbunny,May 25 2006, 08:49 PM Wrote:
meford4u,May 25 2006, 09:31 PM Wrote:It won't be a quick job for bunny and his 1/4km driveway.  And that's not an exaggeration

Have fun with dat.

Mr. bigmouthQ
[right][snapback]189647[/snapback][/right]

If you have any really nasty oil stains on the driveway I can bring you my steamer to get them off before you seal the driveway. Put enough steam on it and even the oldest oil stain lifts right off :P

NefCanuck
I paid some guy $60 to come and do mine, I'm not sure I could do it cheaper by going and getting all the stuff I need, spending the time, etc.
microbunny,May 25 2006, 09:49 PM Wrote:

Have fun with dat.

Mr. bigmouthQ
[right][snapback]189647[/snapback][/right]
free beer?
you detail my car, I tar your driveway :P
darkpuppet,May 26 2006, 01:00 PM Wrote:you detail my car, I tar your driveway :P
[right][snapback]189698[/snapback][/right]

sounds like a deal to me. They both will take the same amount of time I think :)
Unless the paving job/material was garbage, leaving the driveway uncovered is the best thing for it. Any reputable paving company (Burlington Pavers) will recommend you not treat it. If you look at a driveway paved 10 years ago and left alone, and then look at one that was sealed, you'll notice the untreated one with very few cracks and the sealed one with cracks all over and in need of a new paving. Just my opinion and it saves money,time,energy and looks much better.

Good luck convincing your dad that some guy on here said it's better to leave alone. :lol:
but what if he wants it to look all nice and black! and not chalky like ashy larry.

[Image: review052805_chap_04.jpg]

darkpuppet,May 25 2006, 08:36 PM Wrote:it's a pretty quick job... grab bucket, spill on ground, squeegie out.
[right][snapback]189635[/snapback][/right]

Must be some small driveways in the GTA :P

Its a 1/2 day job minimum, really depends on the size of driveway and how much cleaning you have to do. We resealed my fathers driveway last year (can fit about 10 cars) and it took 1/2 a day easy.