FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Steve's New Car Color Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So it looks like I'm ordering my new pony convertible... and I've sorta settled on the tungsten grey with black stripe, black interior, etc.. but sorta almost think I should get a lighter grey interior so I'm not baking my biscuits in the summer sun.

Anyhoo... take a gander at the poll, these are the options.. I would have loved a vista blue stang, but the only top color available is the medium parchment (which from the pictures I've seen appears to be a tan color). ugh.. that doesn't go well with racing stripes :P ...

what are yer thoughts. Go dark and mean, or go lighter and happier?

The car will have tinted windows regardless.. and all options are for the black roof except for the vista blue which is parchment.

appreciate the opinions folks...

I admit that the vista blue is mighty tempting... but what a gamble I'd be taking...
Grey with black stripe. New Elanor Colours... Althougth I still like the Yellow with black stripe from 71.
red with white racing stripes :P
Go with your original thoughts. That would be my choice.
I refuse to do red...

the mustang isn't a good "red car".. i've seen a few in person.. I tell ya, I likes the blue, but the gamble in going with the convertible is a hard gamble to take (though it'd be 100% original I'm sure)

my biggest issue is that I see so many Grey stangs... everywhere, grey...
darkpuppet,May 25 2006, 07:25 PM Wrote:I refuse to do red...

the mustang isn't a good "red car".. i've seen a few in person.. I tell ya, I likes the blue, but the gamble in going with the convertible is a hard gamble to take (though it'd be 100% original I'm sure)

my biggest issue is that I see so many Grey stangs... everywhere, grey...
[right][snapback]189596[/snapback][/right]

Can't go wrong with black. B)
I'd say the vista blue but I am not sure about the tan roof.. let me dig up a picture and see....

[Image: VistaGTVert-2.jpg]

I couldn't find one with the roof up but if the roof is anything like the interior then I think blue is the way to go.

Nice car!
can you change the TOP on vista blue to white later on yourself?

you could do a overhaul for the int. white seats and white top. vista blue outside with white racing stirpe ;)
you can get it in Germany ;)
[Image: 2006%20Mustang%20GT%20Conv%20VBlue0001.JPG]

How about white with Blue stripe?
[Image: 000188-200511-000008big.jpg]

Here is blue with Black int.
[Image: 4284mustanger.jpg]

SO what you are saying is that they dont have one for 06? maybe my dad can get you a used one for 05 and save you a bundle?
nass,May 25 2006, 08:00 PM Wrote:I'd say the vista blue but I am not sure about the tan roof.. let me dig up a picture and see....

[Image: VistaGTVert-2.jpg]

I couldn't find one with the roof up but if the roof is anything like the interior then I think blue is the way to go.

Nice car!
[right][snapback]189618[/snapback][/right]

mind ya, I"m not getting the GT.. .but DAMN!!! That looks good with the top down.

but I already knew that..what about with the top up?
mo_focus,May 25 2006, 08:07 PM Wrote:SO what you are saying is that they dont have one for 06? maybe my dad can get you a used one for 05 and save you a bundle?
[right][snapback]189622[/snapback][/right]

yeah it's an option on the '05...

maybe I wait and see what they offer in '07

i have to admit..

[Image: 4284mustanger.jpg]

looks good even with the stock 16"s ... could save money on HAVING to get wheels on day one.
I am still up in the air if I like the 4 lights vs the 2 lights... I'm 100% on the colour though, does it change coour in the sun do you know?
nass,May 25 2006, 08:38 PM Wrote:I am still up in the air if I like the 4 lights vs the 2 lights... I'm 100% on the colour though, does it change coour in the sun do you know?
[right][snapback]189636[/snapback][/right]

no, it does not change color in the sun.. it's always that bright blue.

curious if it'd look good with tinted windows
(with the roof up that is)
black with red leather interior. looks amazing.
I called Black with grey racing stripes. If you want to go stealth fast, go with a stealth colour scheme.

Shame Ford doesn't see fit to offer the Mustang in a dark green anymore, dark forest green with a tan or black interior... pardon me while I mop up my drool ;)

NefCanuck
Blue with white... classic Mustang colours.
NOS2Go4Me,May 26 2006, 06:51 AM Wrote:Blue with white... classic Mustang colours.
[right][snapback]189679[/snapback][/right]

Agreed!!!! Although it is always a good idea to go with your first insticts.. Either way it is a beautiful car!!
Tungsten grey, black racing stripe, black leather interior (with satin aluminum dash inserts), black top, black spoked wheels with polished lip
correction, I may have been confused... the black roof is available on the blue... but to be honest, I like the look of the parchment better.

and the picture that ruins the blue for me..

[Image: VistaPonyVert-1.jpg]

Blue is a tough color.. just looks better as a hardtop IMO

I think I'll be playing it safe this time around...
Can't really help but will say I don't like "racing stripes" of any sort and for a convertable a light coloured interior is always preferable over black unless you have a cleaning fetish. I was in a Mustang convertable the other day that had a black interior and it looked like crap from all the dirt and I'm sure it hadn't been long since the last cleaning knowing who was driving it.

I'd say the tan on blue but know you enjoy the occaisional "black & tan" at your favourite watering hole so maybe they can be a tie in there as well?
Pages: 1 2