FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cabin Air Filter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it true that in the 05-06 focus, there is no need for a cabin air filter because of some new design of the a/c system?? That is what I was told by the dealership, but just wanna check with you guys to be on the safe side..

Thanks
don't believe the dealership.
cowymo,May 24 2006, 03:21 PM Wrote:Is it true that in the 05-06 focus, there is no need for a cabin air filter because of some new design of the a/c system??  That is what I was told by the dealership, but just wanna check with you guys to be on the safe side..

Thanks
[right][snapback]189226[/snapback][/right]

Truth, we 05+ avoid the stealership charging us an arm & a spleen to change it :P

(Of course the first time I brought my 05 in, they wanted to charge me to change what didn't exist <_< )

NefCanuck
I'd be more concerned about your headlight fluid, make sure they top it up every time you go!! Make a point of asking because they try to 'forget' alot of stuff!
Don't forget to get the 2nd tranny installed, so you can backup :D But on topic no there is no cabin air filter, as much as the service guys like to think.
microbunny,May 24 2006, 09:45 PM Wrote:I'd be more concerned about your headlight fluid, make sure they top it up every time you go!! Make a point of asking because they try to 'forget' alot of stuff!
[right][snapback]189240[/snapback][/right]

what is Headlight fluid and where is it??.. something I heard of but not sure what it is... :)
cowymo,May 24 2006, 11:15 PM Wrote:
microbunny,May 24 2006, 09:45 PM Wrote:I'd be more concerned about your headlight fluid, make sure they top it up every time you go!! Make a point of asking because they try to 'forget' alot of stuff!

what is Headlight fluid and where is it??.. something I heard of but not sure what it is... :)
[right][snapback]189275[/snapback][/right]

Make sure it's Xeon fluid and not that crappy Halogen stuff.

I had a quick lube place try to tell me my cabin filter needed to be replaced the DAY after I put it in. Never trust these places and always ask to see the part to be replaced.
cowymo,May 24 2006, 07:15 PM Wrote:

It's special fluid that keeps your headlight bulbs white. when it runs lower, you will know cause the bulbs start to look yellowy or orangey.

bottom line, its a free Ford service that they provide for all there vehicles, but you gotta ask or they try to scam you!
cowymo,May 24 2006, 04:15 PM Wrote:

You'll find it at your local parts store, right beside the elbow grease :P
cowymo,May 24 2006, 04:21 PM Wrote:Is it true that in the 05-06 focus, there is no need for a cabin air filter because of some new design of the a/c system??  That is what I was told by the dealership, but just wanna check with you guys to be on the safe side..

Thanks

It's a bald faced lie and they should be ashamed of themselves - oh wait, it's the dealership -- they feel no shame.

Here's the truth. The '00 through '04 Focus did not come with a cabin filter in North America. BUT ... the cowling was designed to have one for the European market, and the cowling design was the same all over the world - therefore you could easily put one in there - it just dropped into the space.

A number of smart dealers figured this out and offered the cabin filter as a dealer installed option, and it was soon a wide spread mod throughout Focusdom.

But the Focus was re-designed for '05 and it is a unique to North America design and the new cowling has no fitting for the cabin filter - although I think someone on here figured out how to jam it into the space that is there.

There is nothing in the '05 that would take the place of the cabin filter - it's just that you can't have one.

Now the headlight fluid is an entirely different matter.
Most Foci don't even have the pollen filter.... and maybe they were talking about the stupid new air box design for the engine air filter..... it is supposed to be changed every 100,000km or something stupid like that... or when the filter minder hits red.... I opted for the CAI setup with a K&N... :P
nass,May 24 2006, 11:17 PM Wrote:Make sure it's Xeon fluid and not that crappy Halogen stuff.

I had a quick lube place try to tell me my cabin filter needed to be replaced the DAY after I put it in. Never trust these places and always ask to see the part to be replaced.
[right][snapback]189276[/snapback][/right]

Can somebody please take a picture to show me where do I fill up the headlight fluid please!!.. :) Also can I request Xeon fluid from Ford dealerships??
you got to be kidding.
ANTHONYD,May 26 2006, 10:18 PM Wrote:you got to be kidding.
[right][snapback]189818[/snapback][/right]

No.. I seriously have no idea.. I have heard about it.. but haven't done anything about that before.. even on my 03..
:lol: This has gone too far! :lol:

http://joe-ks.com/MultiMedia/LowHeadlightFluid.htm

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?...headlight+fluid

Urban Dict. Wrote:1. headlight fluid  5 thumbs up 

something that you send a newbie to go get when you don't want them around or are initiating them, ususally into a club or group.

"hey rookie, go get some headlight fluid and elbow grease at the store"

tags newbie hedlight fluid initiation scram red vs blue
by laidbackguy washington Dec 28, 2005

2. headlight fluid  4 up, 7 down 

The sweat origaniating from a female's breast, usually during sex.

man she was soaked in headlight fluid last night!!

tags boob sweat sex boob juice body sweat woman juice
by LaidBackGuy1988

And yes, I managed to shove a cabin air filter in the compartment, over top of the new "screen cover".
ZTWsquared,May 24 2006, 08:48 PM Wrote:
cowymo,May 24 2006, 04:21 PM Wrote:Is it true that in the 05-06 focus, there is no need for a cabin air filter because of some new design of the a/c system??  That is what I was told by the dealership, but just wanna check with you guys to be on the safe side..

Thanks

It's a bald faced lie and they should be ashamed of themselves - oh wait, it's the dealership -- they feel no shame.

Here's the truth. The '00 through '04 Focus did not come with a cabin filter in North America. BUT ... the cowling was designed to have one for the European market, and the cowling design was the same all over the world - therefore you could easily put one in there - it just dropped into the space.

A number of smart dealers figured this out and offered the cabin filter as a dealer installed option, and it was soon a wide spread mod throughout Focusdom.

But the Focus was re-designed for '05 and it is a unique to North America design and the new cowling has no fitting for the cabin filter - although I think someone on here figured out how to jam it into the space that is there.

There is nothing in the '05 that would take the place of the cabin filter - it's just that you can't have one.

Now the headlight fluid is an entirely different matter.
[right][snapback]189295[/snapback][/right]

^ Exactly.

For any of you with an 00 to 04, put one in. The Motorcraft part is under $30, and it's made by Micron.

Most dealers don't even look for it because they assume the Focus wasn't advertised with one from the factory.
euro_zx5,May 26 2006, 05:31 PM Wrote::lol: This has gone too far! :lol:

http://joe-ks.com/MultiMedia/LowHeadlightFluid.htm

[right][snapback]189821[/snapback][/right]

That was so funny. I cigarette lighter for $70.00

Priceless
if your drive a 04-00 I think you should invest in it, because when you turn on the ac or the blower pine needles and tree s*** flies into your freshly vacuumed car, plus the interior gets dirtier a lot faster if you do not have one in.

I still have yet to do it haha

anyone know the motocraft numebr?
PerfectSaiyan,May 29 2006, 12:58 PM Wrote:anyone know the motocraft numebr?
[right][snapback]190191[/snapback][/right]
You can get the Fram equivalent at Crappy Tire ... they even have a listing for it in their book
FP-38 One of the better priced cabin filters from ford... $20.44