FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Some Recent Photography
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been playing with the camera a bit more -- also picked up a new lense...

here's some recent stuff...

[Image: crypt1.png]

[Image: davisvillestation.png]

[Image: lorinda.png]

[Image: pink_rose.png]

[Image: DSC_0605.png]
Looking good Steve! :D

Which wide angle are you using?
Doing pretty good with that new rig!

I'm still learning more and more things with mine even after having it for almost a year now. I definitely need more lenses though. Mostly using the cheap kit lens, and sometimes the 75-300mm I got for Christmas.

Want to go out sometime before it gets miserably cold and wander around for interesting things to shoot?
reldridge,Sep 2 2009, 09:00 AM Wrote:Looking good Steve! :D

Which wide angle are you using?
[right][snapback]293640[/snapback][/right]

the top two pics were taken with the Nikon 10.5mm fisheye lense, the next two were taken with a Nikon 1.4f 50mm, and the last (sunset) pic was taken with the Kit lense (15-105mm).

I'm still learning how to use the camera and be more mindful of the settings... I ruin 2 out of 3 pics by forgetting to reset my flash/exposure compensations, focus points, or something else.
darkpuppet,Sep 2 2009, 09:11 AM Wrote:I'm still learning how to use the camera and be more mindful of the settings... I ruin 2 out of 3 pics by forgetting to reset my flash/exposure compensations, focus points, or something else.
[right][snapback]293649[/snapback][/right]

Sounds pretty familiar. I wrecked about 30 shots a few weekends ago because I forgot to change the settings. Thankfully the bad shots were all saved in raw format, so I could adjust them to mostly correct what was screwed up.
Good

but we need more car shots and not just your mustang hehe
Nice shots!

You can't get that narrow depth of field look with a point and shoot digital. That's what I miss most about my old big bulky SLR. :(
NikiterZTS,Sep 2 2009, 05:40 PM Wrote:Good

but we need more car shots and not just your mustang hehe
[right][snapback]293681[/snapback][/right]

I know!

I haven't been much further than my house or a cottage to take any decent pics... need to get out to a meet or 2. Hopefully in the next few weeks. It's really been 'one of those summers' for me.

And dblast, I hear ya... I love my 50mm primary.

Though, if you have the cash, I'd suggest a 35mm primary for an ASP-C sensor so you don't have to take several steps backwards to fit your shot in (due to the 1.5x conversion factor of the 28mm sensor).
darkpuppet,Sep 3 2009, 08:06 AM Wrote:I love my 50mm primary. 
[right][snapback]293688[/snapback][/right]

Primes is where it is at! :D

Pick up a 105mm (or I guess 85mm for APS-C) and see how portraits come out!

The wide looks damn good. I've played with the 12-24mm a bit in the past, and man that was a fun lens. :)
Hey DP, if you need something else to shoot at (cue the jokes about me being a willing target) I'm on vacation until Sept 22 and can meet up for some pictures (and maybe you can show me how to actually use my camera in more than "idiot proof mode")

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Sep 3 2009, 05:40 PM Wrote:Hey DP, if you need something else to shoot at (cue the jokes about me being a willing target) I'm on vacation until Sept 22 and can meet up for some pictures (and maybe you can show me how to actually use my camera in more than "idiot proof mode")

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]293742[/snapback][/right]
Daniel , have you downloaded any pics from Mosport ? I would love to see some .
Gabriel,Sep 3 2009, 06:17 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Sep 3 2009, 05:40 PM Wrote:Hey DP, if you need something else to shoot at (cue the jokes about me being a willing target) I'm on vacation until Sept 22 and can meet up for some pictures (and maybe you can show me how to actually use my camera in more than "idiot proof mode")

NefCanuck
Daniel , have you downloaded any pics from Mosport ? I would love to see some .
[right][snapback]293748[/snapback][/right]

I've pulled mine off the camera (and a few of the movie files I made) but I haven't had time to comb them over to see what's what yet (I did see a few nice shots from my second day parade laps as a passenger in that Mustang 'vert with the Mystic paintjob... scary seeing the banking, didn't feel like the banking was that hard driving it)

NefCanuck

NefCanuck

I'd be up for that -- this week isn't good for me, but maybe next? I'll have to see how my schedule is shaping up for next week, but wed night might work.

[Image: DSC_0124.jpg]
Sure any time next week works DP.

Only things I have on my plate next week ATM is the Massiv meet on Monday & prepping the car for the Sherway Ford car show on the 20th (Dixie Ford has their show this Sunday coming up the 13th)

NefCanuck

EDIT: Here are some shots from last Friday at the Jays game. Went down early and went up the CN Tower as well, warning for those with a fear of heights :P

[Image: BlueJaysCNTower015.jpg]

[Image: BlueJaysCNTower036.jpg]

[Image: BlueJaysCNTower045.jpg]

[Image: BlueJaysCNTower051.jpg]

[Image: BlueJaysCNTower055.jpg]

[Image: BlueJaysCNTower060.jpg]

NefCanuck
glass floor always gave me goose bumps
NikiterZTS,Sep 8 2009, 05:59 PM Wrote:glass floor always gave me goose bumps
[right][snapback]293928[/snapback][/right]

Me too ... especially after I found out that technically glass is a liquid.
Sad part is as I'm standing on the glass floor taking pictures all I could think of was the equation for how fast I would drop if the glass gave way and how long I would have before I hit the ground :lol: :ph34r:

9.8 metres per second so assuming 344M in the air at that point, roughly 35 seconds until SPLAT!

NefCanuck
actually, Nef, it's 9.8 Metres per second, PER second... up to a terminal speed of about 130mph. So you have about 8 seconds... so you need to trim about 27 seconds off your final prayer there... :P
darkpuppet,Sep 8 2009, 06:44 PM Wrote:actually, Nef, it's 9.8 Metres per second, PER second... up to a terminal speed of about 130mph.  So you have about 8 seconds... so you need to trim about 27 seconds off your final prayer there... :P
[right][snapback]293937[/snapback][/right]

:blink: Oops... good thing I'm not religious then :lol:

NefCanuck
Awesome pics man, they are uber quality!