FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mp3/mp4 Player Recommendations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm trying to decide what the heck to do here. I need music for rollerblading around, etc to keep me motivated. Maybe it just passes the time. All I know is that it works for me while working out.

So, what do you recommend? I never have time for these evals.

Must be:
  • MP3/WMA capable<>
    [st]
    • Variable Bit Rate MP3 capable (VBR)<>
      [st]
      • Holds at least 1GB of music, expansion slots are preferred on static media<>
        [st]
        • Needs to have shuffle play at the very least<>
          [st]
          • USB 2.0 interface (or firewire, highly doubtful that it would tho)<>
            [st]It's fairly simple for requirements. I don't care if it's a proprietary battery pack or if it will take rechargeable alkalines... just so long as it's rechargeable. I'll be figuring out headphones, so if the included headphones are crappy, so be it.

If it has a mobile hard drive in it (1.8&quot; or 2.5&quot;), it needs to be fairly shock-resistant. Rollerblades over rough concrete and pavement will make mincemeat out of inferior product in a hurry.

Thanks guys. :)

Also, if someone has a mass-MP3 converter (anything to CBR-MP3), I'd appreciate it. I have a few tools, but they're single file-at-a-time apps and I have thousands of files to convert.
Stay away from Sony. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

Samsung is good, i can pass ya mine to try out altho its only 512mb.

I can also vouch for the Creative Zen Micro and Muvos. They're awesome and relatively good priced.
I have a Iriver T10 1gig. Radio, voice recorder, shuffle, 1AA battery, I love it, its got everything I need and I paid 115$ for it brand new at the pawn-shop... :D
Creative Micro Zen 8gb with photo abilities. 230~ futureshop. or
Sony MWA1000 6gb non photo good sound 230~ as well. Can vouch for the sony my sister bought one last saturday after we looked around. I liked the Creative better but it didn't come with a wall charger just usb, and my sister doesn't always have access to a computer the wall charger was 50$.
Hmm the Creative players are looking good.

I've got Sara's 256MB Lyra with a 1GB SD card crammed into it for now, but DAMN it's slow for read/writes. :(

Thanks guys.
The Zen was quick least in the 20mins I used it at Fshop.
iVe got the sony 20G network HD.... I love it. Last 35-40 hours on a single charge.
hard drives are the new bling