FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Bike Rack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have, or know where to get a bike rack for the rear hatch of a zx3? do they even make these or only the roof racks?
I think meford has one....ask him if you can borrow it... :D :D
many trunk-mount bike racks will work on the hatch (ie, a Saris bones rack).

The trick is to find one that'll adjust it's legs so you have legs resting on the bumper, and legs stabilizing on the hatch.

The only problem is running the straps if you have a spoiler.

Considering the amount of damage a trunk-mount rack can do (via the rubber feet and straps), I'd highly recommend getting a roof rack first. I've personally warn through to bare metal on long trips by having a strap vibrate in the wind, and have ruined large portions of rental car trunks with grit getting wedged under the racks' feet.
I've got a trunk mount that works great, got it at a local bike shop here in BC. Never had a problem with rubbing or anything, and I've done a few long trips, in reference to what puppet said, make sure you don't have dirt or dust under the pads or it'll show up when you're done :(
Fold the rear seat down, take the front wheel off the bike and stick the beast inside the rear hatch. As a matter of fact, my bike is in my hatch right now (going biking after work.)
dBlast,May 24 2006, 03:43 PM Wrote:Fold the rear seat down, take the front wheel off the bike and stick the beast inside the rear hatch.  As a matter of fact, my bike is in my hatch right now (going biking after work.)
[right][snapback]189216[/snapback][/right]

lucky bastard...

I was able to pack my bike and enough gear (including 6 person tent) for a 24 hour race last year in my zx5.
I have a hitch with a hitch rack, a little expensive but work like a champ.
Focus Is Art,May 24 2006, 04:10 PM Wrote:I have a hitch with a hitch rack, a little expensive but work like a champ.
[right][snapback]189236[/snapback][/right]

I like the hitch mount one the best as well..... that is the only exception to having a hitch on a focus or a stang .......
Focus Is Art,May 24 2006, 05:10 PM Wrote:I have a hitch with a hitch rack, a little expensive but work like a champ.
Absolutely the best option ... mmmm .... I have a spare rack and a Focus hitch just taking up space in the garage ... maybe time for a garage sale.
ZTWsquared,May 26 2006, 09:55 PM Wrote:
Focus Is Art,May 24 2006, 05:10 PM Wrote:I have a hitch with a hitch rack, a little expensive but work like a champ.
Absolutely the best option ... mmmm .... I have a spare rack and a Focus hitch just taking up space in the garage ... maybe time for a garage sale.
[right][snapback]189809[/snapback][/right]

spare roof rack?
if soo how much?
brucktown,May 28 2006, 04:56 PM Wrote:
ZTWsquared,May 26 2006, 09:55 PM Wrote:
[right][snapback]189809[/snapback][/right]

spare roof rack?
if soo how much?
[right][snapback]190063[/snapback][/right]

No, but close ... I have a spare hitch (Hidden Hitch brand for sedan) [U]and[/U ]a spare hitch-mount rack (4-bike) - new they're about 300 bies combined - I'll take some pics and start a for sale thread. PM me if you want to jump the queue.