FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Pfe Went Again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My PFE sensor went recently, its my 2nd one.. Basically my CEL Light came on last week... but before it turned on, the car wouhd studder and shake in first gear, usually below 1500 rpm, and it would feel like the engine is spinning at 500 rpm, so if u know the feeling that your about to stall, that is exactly it, but weird how it happens at higher engine speeds. anyways, after looking like an idiot stalling my car on side roads going 20km/hr i decided to take it in to Ford. They checked the codes, and replaced the PFE sensor, thats what the work order indicated and i remember having it done 2 years ago, PFE before. and it was usually the same symptoms too from what I gather/remember. but since it stated RECALL on the service work order, should ford technically waive the diagnostics charge? they charged me for checking the CEL Light? or should I not complain? cus the CEL Light WAS directluy caused by the faulty sensor.

What the heck is the PFE sensor anyway?
paolo,May 24 2006, 10:39 AM Wrote:should ford technically waive the diagnostics charge?

What the heck is the PFE sensor anyway?
[right][snapback]189170[/snapback][/right]

They should not have charged you for the diagnostic - but pehaps more to the point, you should not have paid for it.

Consumer Rule #1: it is always best to have discussions about what they are charging you for BEFORE they have your money.

here's what the PFE sensor does