FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Your Chances For An Awd Focus Have Improved......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
bah.. whatever.. quit waiting for ford to catch up and just buy the Mazda variants instead.
It is thought that the Volvo C30 (also Euro Focus based) will have AWD available as well.
2001 ZTS,May 24 2006, 06:25 AM Wrote:.....ever so slightly:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...6605210623
[right][snapback]189148[/snapback][/right]
Hmmmmmm .... Focus was the one car they didn't mention.
I think we're just going to have to accept the fact that the focus in NA is forever going to be the budget vehicle. Ford will do what they can to compete on terms of offering a car to the lowest common denominator.

It doesn't really matter how brilliant the chasis is, or wonderful the new motors are over previous generations, I honestly believe that ford will do the bare minimum it needs to do in order to maintain it's sales figures in that market segment.

And considering the popular perception of the focus ("but it's just a focus"), I'd have to say there's not much ford can do to raise that image. It's sad really.
I like the idea and news off this but as they said in the article Under $35k and really they are right, but again as ZTWsquared pointed out, ther is no mention of the Focus receiving this as an option, Caliber yes, Focus no.
i'm done with Ford, theres no car except the mustang that interests me. Time to move to the otherside of the dealership.
Quit fooling yourself, IF and I must stress IF, ford brought the Euro Focus ST here we all know we'd trade ours in for it :D
Phantom,May 25 2006, 01:14 PM Wrote:Quit fooling yourself, IF and I must stress IF, ford brought the Euro Focus ST here we all know we'd trade ours in for it :D
[right][snapback]189432[/snapback][/right]

or you could get the Mazda Speed 3 and save yourself a lifetime of waiting...
where did you get the mazda 3 speed was awd?

from mazda..........

Set to arrive at Canadian dealerships this summer, the all-new MAZDASPEED3 gives sports-minded individuals the chance for a double dose of Zoom-Zoom driving fun. With its compact, lightweight body and maximum horsepower targeted to exceed 250 HP generated by an MZR 2.3L DISI (Direct Injection Spark Ignition) Turbo engine, the MAZDASPEED3 will be one of the highest performance sports compacts with front-wheel drive (FWD) on the road.
Gotta go Speed6 for the AWD. Now If reason mazda won't give the 3 AWD is cuz who wants a cheaper car beating the more expensive :D
meford4u,May 25 2006, 02:01 PM Wrote:where did you get the mazda 3 speed was awd?

from mazda..........

Set to arrive at Canadian dealerships this summer, the all-new MAZDASPEED3 gives sports-minded individuals the chance for a double dose of Zoom-Zoom driving fun. With its compact, lightweight body and maximum horsepower targeted to exceed 250 HP generated by an MZR 2.3L DISI  (Direct Injection Spark Ignition) Turbo engine, the MAZDASPEED3 will be one of the highest performance sports compacts with front-wheel drive (FWD) on the road.
[right][snapback]189460[/snapback][/right]

because I was responding to the Focus ST comment...

the focus ST is front wheel drive

instead of waiting for it to come to our shores (it won't), get the mazda speed 3.

if you're wanting AWD, then yes, the mazda speed 6 is the one to go for.
darkpuppet,May 25 2006, 02:41 PM Wrote:
meford4u,May 25 2006, 02:01 PM Wrote:where did you get the mazda 3 speed was awd?

from mazda..........

Set to arrive at Canadian dealerships this summer, the all-new MAZDASPEED3 gives sports-minded individuals the chance for a double dose of Zoom-Zoom driving fun. With its compact, lightweight body and maximum horsepower targeted to exceed 250 HP generated by an MZR 2.3L DISI  (Direct Injection Spark Ignition) Turbo engine, the MAZDASPEED3 will be one of the highest performance sports compacts with front-wheel drive (FWD) on the road.
[right][snapback]189460[/snapback][/right]

because I was responding to the Focus ST comment...

the focus ST is front wheel drive

instead of waiting for it to come to our shores (it won't), get the mazda speed 3.

if you're wanting AWD, then yes, the mazda speed 6 is the one to go for.
[right][snapback]189548[/snapback][/right]
Or I'll do what ford won't and supercharge the focus. Other than that IF I was gonna do a trade in or get a new car, yes it would prolly be the mazda 3 speed.
go get a subaru if you want an AWD in a compact.
Actually the Mazda Speed 6 will have AWD..... but thats more like a Fusion isn't it?
ha that'll be the day.
Fusion SEL V6 can come in AWD, and I must say, it's a decent car. I wouldn't buy the MS3 or the MS6, because both of them, are "niche" vehicles. Try getting parts or service done to them when they are 5-10 years old. Good luck.

Best bang for the buck, to me, are the 05-07 Mustangs, both the V6, and the GT. They will be repairable almost anywhere, even as they get older, and parts will be more readily available from more places. That, and the fact that they cost less money than a MS6, or WRX STi, or 350Z/G35...

IMHO...
wow this got revived from the dead...

but yeah the way Ford is going I doubt we'll see the MK3 Focus on these shores with or without AWD, because of all their cost cutting and trying to make more money on the currently line up rather then re-tooling for a car that is built in europe like GM is doing with saturn... I remember a while ago when ford said it was planing to add it as an option on their line up a few years ago, and we still have yet to see it as an option unless it's mid sized and up.
FocusGuy7476,May 24 2006, 09:58 PM Wrote:i'm done with Ford, theres no car except the mustang that interests me. Time to move to the otherside of the dealership.
[right][snapback]189335[/snapback][/right]

Amen brother! :D