FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: A Little Fishy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so i was hunting around kijiji looking at focus for sale when i came across this one,

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-c...QAdIdZ197284764

i contacted the guy and he says the car is stock except a lowering kit.
doesnt look stock to me, different headlights. grille and the paint doesnt look factory. any body seen this focus before? special edition?? and the pictures look a little staged, fake ad??? hmmmmmm
Look at his other ads, he looks for damaged fords and probably rebuilds from wrecks.
I dont trust it, i like the colour but seems a little fishy

euro_zx5,Apr 10 2010, 07:21 AM Wrote:Look at his other ads, he looks for damaged fords and probably rebuilds from wrecks.
[right][snapback]304880[/snapback][/right]
even if the car was in good condition and some extra goodies, I wouldn't pay over 1000.00 for something with that many kms anyways... its fishy.
its got Focus Sedan rims and new tires, and ST-170 head lights and euro grille, definitely not stock, its also infront of a performance shop, take the hint
Take a look at the background. Texaco, Richfield and Exxcon. This guy is not located in Owen Sound!
BULL$hit
LMAO senior driven??? suuuuurrrreeeee what senior has their focus lowered and aftermarket lights??? SCAM!
looks like EGZ off fj's car....
Here's an interesting exchange between me and the seller ... it starts at the bottom, but basically I called him out on using a photo of someone else's car - and a modified one to boot ... here's his response in all its juvenile glory.

Jason Clark, kijiji seller of other people's cars Wrote:From: Jason Clark
Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2010 9:29 PM
To: <>
Subject: Re: Reply to your "2001 Ford Focus ZX3 Hatchback" Ad on Kijiji

Hey bud you should just f*** off cause you think google makes you smart see what your un aware of is that I'm originally from England where the cosworth originated I also have a right hand drive 2009 fiesta in my garage waiting for proper weather I know what I'm talking about plus if your not interested leave it be period I buy and sell tonnes of things on kijiji and I live by one main rule if I'm interested and have money which I do lol then I talk to the seller I don't waste peoples time the car in the picture has been lowered however the headlights and grille are exactly the same on mine also my focus has the newer upgraded 2007 wheels as well so tell your doushbag friend that owns the "real" car if he wants to build a real sleeper he should loose the fart cannon and boost it that is of corse if he adds the forged aluminum aspect of the platform that it would then need to operate long term also I see he is bragging about a high 13 on the strip is he seriouse my 1993 golf ran high 8's with my vr6 twin turbo running no juice this guys mire if a joke than your trying to make me out to be lol put a f***ing zip on your s*** and stop copying and pasting 

On Apr 11, 2010, at 9:14 PM, <> wrote:

If your car is modified in the same way, then I'm interested ... that would be with the lowered F2 coil-over suspension, the ST170 Euro headlights, the Ghia front grill, and the Tru-bendz exhaust.

As I doubt your car has those mods then frankly I'm not interested in a car with 230k for anywhere near 2900.

If you have pics of your own car you should use those in the kijiji ad instead ... there are a lot of people in the Focus community who know the car in the pic you lifted (it's from Virginia USA) - and FYI it comes with an engine that was never available in Canada.

Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2010 8:44 PM
To: <com>

No it's the exact same tho I can send you pictures if you like

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 11, 2010, at 8:35 PM, <> wrote:

Sounds good ... but first, could you please confirm that this is the car I'm coming to see? Thanks.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/271969

Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2010 7:18 PM
To: .com

You could give me a call anytime this evening and I could meet you 519-270-9876 Jason

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 11, 2010, at 7:03 PM, "Kijiji Reply (f)" <post@kijiji.ca> wrote:

Hello! The following is a reply to your "2001 Ford Focus ZX3 Hatchback" Ad on Kijiji:

Hi there ... if it's still for sale I'd like to see this car - how and when? THanks. 

Now everyone go and report the ad to kijiji that it is fraud and he won't be playin that game of buy and sell any longer.
Lmao! :lol: knew it.....damn people ruining an amazing site!! ive found so many deals on kijiji!!!!

ps i think i bought 16inch stock rims off of you a couple years back, ZTWsquared.....
through kijiji :D

GFXjamie,Apr 11 2010, 06:05 PM Wrote:looks like EGZ off fj's car....
[right][snapback]304923[/snapback][/right]

I noticed it rigth away I reported on kijiji said he didn't own the pictures and didn't have permission to use them blah blah blah.