FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nice, so SVT is still trying to make a come back, or... Ford's just keeping the name alive under the skin of Ford Racing for the time being. Either way, it looks like good news. Even though the Lightning and SVT Sport Trac have been pulled, nothing's written in stone...
guaranteed the overwhelming sales of the new SVTM will change fords mind as to the fate of SVT. come on losers every company has a high-po division, stay with the times!
lol PerfectSaiyan, I think ford would axe SVT then bring it back, only to say it was a joke, because that's how stupid most of their CEO's are IMO.
Frost__2001,May 23 2006, 05:05 PM Wrote:lol PerfectSaiyan, I think ford would axe SVT then bring it back, only to say it was a joke, because that's how stupid most of their CEO's are IMO.
[right][snapback]188982[/snapback][/right]
Ford also has potential problems with a bunch of dealers who paid a lot of extra money over the years to own the "exclusive" rights to the SVT franchise name.

1) how to justify the money these dealers spent if they keep SVT alive but with a single model (or two) and with a questionable future, and

2) what to do if they choose to bring SVT back as a model variant available to all dealers - probably be looking at a class action lawsuit. That's why the Taurus was a SHO and not an SVT - they wanted the wider distribution.
I'm really sick and tired of this bull$hit game Ford is playing with SVT!!!!
Just keep it! Everyone else has a performance line, why axe theirs????
the demand for the performance cars are there. I was talking with the sale manager at SVT dealer in Saskatoon, and apparently there is a list of 30+ people who want a GT500, and there is the chance that they will only get 10 or 12 GT500s into the dealership.