FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gettin Myself A Truck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yup, i will soon be the proud owner of a 1988 Ford Ranger 2WD EXT Cab.... The truck is in rock solid shape. Has the 2.9L and auto trans. Very well taken care of by the owner... New paint after recent body job. Works very well.... If his son in law doesn't buy it (not likely) it will be mine in about a week.

1200 bucks for the truck with remote start and 4 brand new winter tires on rims.

Floor's are solid, frame and body mounts solid and new, new wires,plugs,cap,rotor,coil,coolant,air filter,all lights work,remote start,Interior is great, suspension is soild, front end is solid.... It's remarkable for the year. L:ooks like all bushing on every peice is new.

Leaks oil from the valve covers (need new gaskets) and when i brake it sounds like something up front is grinding.... More noticeable when stoping very slow but can't really notice it at a good speed then stopping. It's been sitting a little while so maybe rust on the rotors?

Also blower motor has one setting, High :lol: Oh well

Can't Wait :D
make it into a free runner truck.
All 2.9L leak oil from the V/C gaskets.

The grinding is more than likely rust on the front rotors. Probably could use new pads and rotors. They're cheap enough from CTC.

Replace the blower motor resistor. It's easy and simple. It is located on the heater box either in the cab or under the hood. I can't remeber. It is held in with 2 screws and has 1 connector on it. When you take it out it looks like a bunch of coiled wire on the other side.

Rangers are pretty decent trucks. They are small though.
winter beater truck without 4WD.. hmmm
That's sweet Chris.

Its too bad you didn't get it yet, I was in Bathurst this weekend and would have dropped by to check it out.

With a little work, she'll be a nice starter car for ya.
Nice! I miss our Rangers. They're great reliable pickups.
I put a down payment on it and and should have it this week once the owner gets it inspected :) Hooray... Going to change the oil and do a few little things and get it ready to roll.

Oscar, next time your in bathurst let me know B)
Kool_ZX3,May 22 2006, 07:29 PM Wrote:Oscar, next time your in bathurst let me know  B)
[right][snapback]188862[/snapback][/right]

Sorry I didn't get a hold of ya, I was only there for 2 days and even neglected to see most of my relatives. :(