FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: More Useless Things I Get Off E-bay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well after looking round e-bay for a while looking for more Focus parts not found on these shores, I came across something really interesting....

The Ebay Item

For those that say well they are just window switches, you'd be 1/2 correct. They are all equipped with the one touch down feature on all the buttons.... including the rear buttons, and if you also notice that European switches do not have that little slide to lock out the rear windows it's actually a moving large button.

:D :lol: :P
Not sure but I think just the one touch buttons won't do you any good without the accompanying electronics to tell the window when to stop etc.
bluetoy,May 19 2006, 04:12 PM Wrote:Not sure but I think just the one touch buttons won't do you any good without the accompanying electronics to tell the window when to stop etc.
[right][snapback]188566[/snapback][/right]

well if I do I know there are tonnes of cars at the scrap yard I can get the electronics I need to do it.
so would you use driver side window motors for each window?
That would make and excellent upgrade. I can't remember how many times I have wished that the passenger front window would go all the way down with one push. The only thing that I saw that I didn't like was the lack of the rear window lock out function. Cool none the less.
OMG I want those.
Good find Frost, i'd love a set of those :)
I think the one touch down is handled in some sort of relay..... i got one out of a taurus to put in my old stang but sold the car before i could mod it...
you would be correct Rich, it is a relay, I got the buttons mainly for the LED upgrades, and to show my passengers that they can make the windows go down all the way if they choose too with one touch, I'll post a new topic for it.
Okay, Topic added to the basics section, so anyone wanting to do this with their power windows just click the links.

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...opic=17029