FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Drama
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Interesting morning in the Hammer:

Quote:Police bomb squad on Burlington Lift Bridge
Last updated May 19 2006 09:42 AM EDT
CBC News

A police bomb squad unit is investigating a truck on the Burlington Lift Bridge after a man abandoned the vehicle just before 3 a.m. Friday, say Halton Regional Police.

Police said in a news release that they are "concerned that given the circumstances under which the truck was abandoned that a dangerous condition may exist."

The release also stated that Halton police called in the bomb squad in "an abundance of caution."

Lakeshore Road and Eastport Drive in the area of the Burlington Lift Bridge have been closed. Traffic is being rerouted onto the QEW and Skyway Bridge.

Police say the closure will last throughout the morning rush hour and may extend into the afternoon. 

How did everyone elses morning go? :lol:
Sounds like I'll be taking the service roads home.
Pretty good. Woke up, had breakfast watched tv.

Nothing too tough.

Or, and organized golf for Sunday.

Anybody wanna play Sunday morning. We need a fourth.
Everything is open again
2001 ZTS,May 19 2006, 10:57 AM Wrote:"an abundance of caution." [right][snapback]188515[/snapback][/right]

It's a good thing they didn't crap their pampers. Hah ... I love my profession!
Good thing this was the Friday before a long weekend. Imagine this happening mid-week? :blink:

NefCanuck
meford4u,May 19 2006, 10:02 AM Wrote:Pretty good.  Woke up, had breakfast watched tv.

Nothing too tough.

Or, and organized golf for Sunday.

Anybody wanna play Sunday morning.  We need a fourth.
[right][snapback]188517[/snapback][/right]

what time and where? if its before 7 theres a chance i might be able to
Ya i heard about this when i made it into work this morning. One of the guys in my shop spends alot of time working at that bridge. Honestly why would anyone wanna blow that bridge up?
Dude just jumped off the bridge to end his life, he never thought about the vehicle :D
they should have used car lots in the middle of bridges.
FocusGuy7476,May 19 2006, 09:31 PM Wrote:they should have used car lots in the middle of bridges.
[right][snapback]188618[/snapback][/right]

:engrish:
:wtf: