FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Boring Vid Of The Focus On The Dyno Tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You playing with fire again?
Im not sure what the f*** happened.

He called me this afternoon to tell me my car was "sick" now with the new tune.

He then called me at 4 to tell me the rod bearing went.

I asked if he did rev the s*** out of it on the dyno, he said no and will show me everything that he did next week. He said he only brought it up to 6200 rpm.

We'll see.

My GF tells me to look at the bright side, I'll be running more boost with a stronger engine. It' s just I didnt want to do this so soon. I always wanted to build my block, but this couldnt have happened at a worst time wit the new house and all. I need a deck, not new rods & pistons. :rolleyes:

Maybe I shouldnt sell that justy afterall <_<
$hitty deal Flo. :( And you didn't even get to pop it yourself. :angry:
SVT ZX3,Jun 15 2006, 07:53 PM Wrote:$hitty deal Flo. :( And you didn't even get to pop it yourself. :angry:
[right][snapback]193348[/snapback][/right]

yeah it is...

He's saying this would have happened anyways. He doesnt think I should be running 12psi on stock internals. I told him plenty are doing it without any issues. here's hoping for a 250Whp beast in a few weeks.
He flo. Wanna save some duty and taxes? I am travelling to the US for 5 days the end of June. Ship it to me in Ohio and I will bring it over tax/duty free for ya. that's if you can wait until then.
Flofocus,Jun 15 2006, 06:03 PM Wrote:Spun a rod bearing.  :(
[right][snapback]193316[/snapback][/right]

That sucks. Hope it didn't cause any crank damage.
He could have downshifted and the sudden jump did it in..........
meford4u,Jun 15 2006, 09:18 PM Wrote:He flo.  Wanna save some duty and taxes?  I am travelling to the US for 5 days the end of June.  Ship it to me in Ohio and I will bring it over tax/duty free for ya.  that's if you can wait until then.
[right][snapback]193364[/snapback][/right]

I might take you up on that Bryan.

I'm just checking with Mitch to see if I can get it here in Canananananada
COSWORTH COSWORTH COSWORTH!

for 12 PSI of boost, the HP seems a tad low.
Wow Flo, this thread slipped by me. Sorry to hear about the explosion.
How do you know when you spun a rod bearing?
hardk0re,Jun 16 2006, 11:25 AM Wrote:How do you know when you spun a rod bearing?
[right][snapback]193461[/snapback][/right]

Large loss of power, big time screeching noise, leaking oil if the sucker blew apart and punctured the pan.
darkpuppet,Jun 16 2006, 11:03 AM Wrote:COSWORTH COSWORTH COSWORTH!

for 12 PSI of boost, the HP seems a tad low.
[right][snapback]193455[/snapback][/right]

Cosworth no longer makes pistons for the zetec. Only rods.

I'm running a TD05 turbo, not much bigger than a t25.
Sorry to hear about the bearing incident. Hopefully it goes back together as well as it was before the rod bearing.
Did you contact focussport? Don't they have pistons available still?
hardk0re,Jun 16 2006, 02:03 PM Wrote:Did you contact focussport?  Don't they have pistons available still?
[right][snapback]193488[/snapback][/right]
yep I did, and nope they dont.

Just rods.
Pages: 1 2