FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Took A Night Pic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys, this was my first time trying to take night pics and this is the best I've got, what do you think?

[Image: 01.jpg]

taking pics for the HID is so hard at night.. any suggestions how to take better night pics with headlights on?
Night time HID photos are tricky, you'd have to play with the lighting a lot(take lots of the same pic using various settings) and use the bracket in your camera. Play around with the speed of the shutter. Here are a few photos I've taken last season with TOprotege

[Image: 10015051wi.jpg]

[Image: 10015085bw.jpg]

[Image: 10015106re.jpg]

These 2 pictures were taken at the same angle, except one I've played with the shutter to capture whats written on the headlight while the other captures the colors of the HIDs.
[Image: img09715so.jpg]

[Image: img09705bn.jpg]

the car looks sweet!! What the HID's cost you......$$$$$
They look really nice, yea, you will just have to play around with them before you get the picture just right but YOU CAN DO IT! :lol:
Wicked.

I always liked your car.
if you have a tripod it will make your life a lot easier. or if you are budget like me, get some boxes or whatever and put the camera on top of that and then in either case use the self timer so you don't accidentally move the camera when you hit the shutter button, esp if you have a wide aperature/slow shutter speed combo

also for an auto camera if you can't change the settings manually one thing to try is put it down somewhere (or use a tripod) force it not to use the flash, set the self timer

g/l and post some more pics
Try taking your photo from a little further away as well and not zooming right in.
I've always loved that car...
Cool
Nice looking pic.

The new headlights are sweet.
I was already using a mini-tripod and didn't use flash haha or else i couldn't take night pic with my shaky hands lol

I've also played around with exposures too~~~~

i guess i'll try more different settings and more different angles when the weather becomes better~~ and will post more =)
I think it looks awesome. I wish I could take pictures like you guys on here. Show some more wheny ou get the chance :)