FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Was Hit This Morning.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Focus man, Focus.,May 23 2006, 08:34 PM Wrote:...

This thing is a giant P.O.S. but the weather is nice enough during the day to enjoy a bit of top down driving.  So there is some good to the car they gave me.
[right][snapback]189103[/snapback][/right]

welcome to the world of convertibles. That looseness in the front end is probably mostly cowl shake and over-assisted powersteering (which I found somewhat annoying).

not to mention they're speed limited to about 180-190

just put the top down and enjoy the drive.
There is no denying it......Convertables are a riot to drive.
ANTHONYD,May 25 2006, 12:20 PM Wrote:There is no denying it......Convertables are a riot to drive.
[right][snapback]189437[/snapback][/right]

Top down motoring

On the boulevard? Sure

On the open backroads? Definately

On the 401 during rush hour? HELL NO! that'd be torture with a captial T :ph34r:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,May 25 2006, 03:55 PM Wrote:Top down motoring

On the boulevard? Sure

On the 401 during rush hour? HELL NO! that'd be torture with a captial T :ph34r:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]189526[/snapback][/right]

It's the only way some of us are going to get a tan this year.....
darkpuppet,May 25 2006, 03:31 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,May 25 2006, 03:55 PM Wrote:Top down motoring

On the boulevard? Sure

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]189526[/snapback][/right]

It's the only way some of us are going to get a tan this year.....
[right][snapback]189543[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, if you wanna get a few steps closer to skin cancer, be my guest dude :P. I'm not itching to push my luck that badly (Besides, I look, well, gross in swimtrunks <_< )

NefCanuck
get some bling aftermarket suspension parts put in :)
Yes I am enjoying the top down portion of the car. Sitting on the DVP @ 5 o'clock gets me the much appreciated Vitamin D that we all need. But as for the rest of it. This thing is a nose heavy boat. The wheel is very light and it pushes in the corners.
I have my fingers crossed that I get a call from the body shop tomorrow afternoon. I want my car back.
I called the body shop and they said it should be done by late this afternoon.

I hope its finnished today, I can't handle this rental anymore. I found out this morning that the front drivers window leaks by the side mirror. NICE.
Ba$t@rds!!!!! My car isn't going to be ready until Monday. WTF They have had it since Tuesday and there wasn't that much damage. But oh well the weather is perfect for the confvertable.

I just am getting car sick. I want my Focus back. :(
HORAY!!!!!!
Finally I can say I got my car back. It looks the same as it did before the Mazda 3 love tap. It only took 6 days for the body shop to do tht little bit of body work. But it is good. I was at the Masiv Monday meet last night and for those that looked they all said it was good work. I am happy with the result but I think the body shop was crusing around in my car. When I dropped it off it had 3/4 of a tank of gas. When i picked it up it had less than a 1/4. I should have taken down the KM's when I put it in the shop, but I forgot.

Oh well my baby is home.
Focus man, Focus.,May 30 2006, 04:03 PM Wrote:HORAY!!!!!!
  I am happy with the result but I think the body shop was crusing around in my car.  When I dropped it off it had 3/4 of a tank of gas.  When i picked it up it had less than a 1/4.  I should have taken down the KM's when I put it in the shop, but I forgot.

[right][snapback]190446[/snapback][/right]

nah, Gas is so expensive, they probably just sucked it out and put in their own rides.
mo_focus,May 30 2006, 04:42 PM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,May 30 2006, 04:03 PM Wrote:HORAY!!!!!!
  I am happy with the result but I think the body shop was crusing around in my car.  When I dropped it off it had 3/4 of a tank of gas.  When i picked it up it had less than a 1/4.  I should have taken down the KM's when I put it in the shop, but I forgot.

[right][snapback]190446[/snapback][/right]

nah, Gas is so expensive, they probably just sucked it out and put in their own rides.
[right][snapback]190537[/snapback][/right]

Except you can't do that :lol: There's anti-siphoning technology on the Focus (as there has been on most cars produced since, 1999 IIRC)

NefCanuck
I think this thread has run it's course!

Congrats on the successful repairs.
Pages: 1 2 3