FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How Much Is It Worth?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Im thinking alot of selling the Focus. I know you guy are going to say why sell it when you put a turbo...But I just think is the time to move on and get a new car.

How much do you think it's worth private sale???

2000 Ford Focus Zx3

-Turbo
-Body Kit
-Rims

127 000KM
New tranny (52 000KM)
New Clutch

Is it worth your life?

Cause nate is going to kill you.

If you've got all the stock stuff for the car, then I'd say 6000-8000 Depending on condition of the car. The more internal external damage the less its worth. I wouldn't say that its got a new tranny, because honestly if someone said they had to replace the tranny after 130K, then they definetly beat the $^%$^ out of the car, cuz it should last a lot longer...

Also I think you'd have better luck selling without the turbo. Realize that selling it with the car you will loose over half the money you put into the turbo....

As for the body kit, I don't speak alone when I say its not my style, it doesn't add to the appeal of your car. I'm not bashing it, i'm just saying its not what everybody likes, and its going to be real tough to sell it with that kit.... Unless you find someone who digs it..and who knows you just might.

focusonthis_88,May 14 2006, 10:50 AM Wrote:I know you guy are going to say why sell it when you put a turbo...[right][snapback]187360[/snapback][/right]

Exactly :unsure:
First off good luck if you try and sell the focus.

But the question is why? Why put a turbo in a car and sell it shortly after?

Like i said tho, good luck if you do try and sell it. I think 6000 - 8000 is prolly a pretty good range to try for. Maybe more if you find the right person to buy the car with everything.
meford4u,May 14 2006, 12:53 PM Wrote:Is it worth your life?

Cause nate is going to kill you.
[right][snapback]187361[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

I just had a little accident last night I crack my rear bumper...And I think im just pissed about that and im thinking of what I could do... But, if I get a good offer for my car, I im going to sell it.
try putting it up on ebay.. you never know..

you are going to lose money for sure no matter what you do most likely.. focus isn't the best for resale value and you never get back the money you put in in mods

i think people either see mods as 'avoid at all costs' or 'wow thats a great deal for all that work and parts'

if i was in your shoes, i'd try to sell it whole to some kid or another enthusiast that will see the value added in the setup.. and if you aren't getting any bites put it back to stock and trade it in, sell the parts seperately.
14g
ZX3TUNR,May 14 2006, 02:52 PM Wrote:14g
[right][snapback]187380[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

Maybe 10g's on ebay and thats pushing it. Thats what I would ask for my car if was to sell. <_< :D

Eric, I told you, you'd be faster without tthat stock exhaust on :P Trust me, open that exhaust up, and your hanging with me. ;) Oh, and I just found out the sister's boyfreind welds. So I'm gonna see about him trying to make you a downpipe. He wants to try it out, and I've got the steel. :D

Fix up the car..... You need to get that suspension checked out. Once thats fixed, your car will ride really nice. And just a suggestion for you to ENJOY the car more: Get rid of the body kit. Trade it for somethign a little more street freindly. You drive the car, its meant to be driven, but I know your always stressing about damaging something on that kit. Its just to low and made out of fiberglass, its just gonna keep braking on ya. Its not something I would want to constantly think about while driving. <_< And honestly, like Hardkore said, it doesnt flow with the car, thats something I told you the very 1st day you were thinking about it. Go with something a lot cleaner....maybe SVT!! Something you wont stress about when driving...I know my kit is lame and whatnot, but I dont worry at all about the WW lip kit I have on.
ZX3TUNR,May 14 2006, 06:52 PM Wrote:14g

ummm, no.
ZX3TUNR,May 14 2006, 02:52 PM Wrote:14g
Honda called. Their on their way to bring you back down to earth.

14g. :lol: :lol: :lol: You win f***tard of the month for May
I got 16g for mine and it wasnt turbo
ZX3TUNR,May 14 2006, 03:41 PM Wrote:I got 16g for mine and it wasnt turbo
[right][snapback]187385[/snapback][/right]

And Jay, I hate to say it, you took him for a ride.
Flofocus,May 14 2006, 03:51 PM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,May 14 2006, 03:41 PM Wrote:I got 16g for mine and it wasnt turbo
[right][snapback]187385[/snapback][/right]

And Jay, I hate to say it, you took him for a ride.
[right][snapback]187386[/snapback][/right]
Finally, someone had the balls to say it.

I have to agree 100000%. You took honkeytonk to the cleaners and back.
That car was maybe worth 11g. Maybe.

And the fact he is redoing alot of the work you did speaks volumes. Real loud and clear to me.

thanks for having some balls Nate.

I was going to say something, but I have been biting my lip.
Whatever, right?

Honkeytonk is happy, thats all that counts.
16G's....

14G's

11G's...

BLAHAHAHAHAH
GIVE THAT GUY THE $10,000 BOB SAGAT!

Oh man.. :lol:
also, for what its worth, i got $4000usd back in 2004 for my stock 2000 zx3 with no AC and mach hids, 5spd and 100,000km on the odometer. i probably got taken there a bit because i was in rush to sell
Flofocus,May 14 2006, 03:19 PM Wrote:And honestly, like Hardkore said, it doesnt flow with the car, thats something I told you the very 1st day you were thinking about it.  Go with something a lot cleaner....maybe SVT!!  Something you wont stress about when driving...I know my kit is lame and whatnot, but I dont worry at all about the WW lip kit I have on.
[right][snapback]187381[/snapback][/right]

The thing is I don't want to drop 2G in a body kit. I would go with a WW lip kit but I would need back my stock skirt and my front bumper...that I don't have..

Let me know about your bro in law for the welding.

i think the stock 2000 focus with 5spd and AC, good millage is worth about 7 to 8K. Now I dont think anyone will pay for that, but that is how much they are worth. While back i saw a 2000 Focus just like mine with 115K, 5spd, AC and extra set of winter wheels went for 5500 in the auction.
The only thing he redid was the stereo system and that becuase he wanted to put in his own stuff. Maybe mefordu should get facts right.

How ever. If any one were to by a used focus for ever how much and you put the time and parts into it like mine. You would be over 16g.

Honestly Im not sure how things are done in the east end of canada but you are all cheap bastards. There are people selling stock SVT focus's here for 17G still and people get that much for them.

If you really want to sell your car be sure not to post it in any ontario ad.
Pages: 1 2 3