FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cell Phone Geeks Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got a Samsung A920 about 10 days ago and I've spent that time trying to get it to connect to my laptop so that I can use it as a modem. They send a cable with it but it never connects with the CDMA drivers I can find.

I also can't figure out how to make MP3 ringers, some people say they can do it but I don't think it's possible at the moment.

I'm starting to not like this, maybe time to get something else from bell what else is good?
Euro Ford Fan,May 13 2006, 09:02 AM Wrote:I got a Samsung A920 about 10 days ago and I've spent that time trying to get it to connect to my laptop so that I can use it as a modem. They send a cable with it but it never connects with the CDMA drivers I can find.

I also can't figure out how to make MP3 ringers, some people say they can do it but I don't think it's possible at the moment.

I'm starting to not like this, maybe time to get something else from bell what else is good?
[right][snapback]187290[/snapback][/right]

Have you tried BitPim? That's what I use with my phone.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,May 13 2006, 09:34 PM Wrote:
Euro Ford Fan,May 13 2006, 09:02 AM Wrote:I got a Samsung A920 about 10 days ago and I've spent that time trying to get it to connect to my laptop so that I can use it as a modem. They send a cable with it but it never connects with the CDMA drivers I can find.

[right][snapback]187290[/snapback][/right]

Have you tried BitPim? That's what I use with my phone.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]187341[/snapback][/right]

I tried that but it cant connect. I think I'm going to return this one for a Razr.
Euro Ford Fan,May 14 2006, 06:25 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,May 13 2006, 09:34 PM Wrote:Have you tried BitPim?  That's what I use with my phone.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]187341[/snapback][/right]

I tried that but it cant connect. I think I'm going to return this one for a Razr.
[right][snapback]187353[/snapback][/right]

Did they give you USB drivers for the phone? (When you installed whatever software they gave you with the phone, it should at some point have installed them)

NefCanuck
They gave me a cable but no driver. Samsung gives nothing that works
I would offer some help if I knew anything about samsung, let alone about CDMA phones, but I dont.. We dont even have a samsung service software for GSM, let alone a samsung data cable.
yeah, CDMA phones suck for uploading downloading....

it took me a good 3 or 4 hours to get my motorola e815 to connect with bluetooth.

the drivers for the usb cable are useless.