FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Could Use A Little Help Here! Plz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a 2000 Ford Focus ZX3 , With the Zetec

i recently had the timing belt done , and the timing put back on

as soon as the timeing was back on the car would start perfectly , but as soon as it hit idle it had a fit and stalled.

couldn't really understand why , because it worked prior to the belt and timing being done , just not very good. as in no power , a little rough idle.

anyway i had a whole wack of things check recheck and rechecked again , the iginiton coil pack , MAF , PCV valve , Vaccum hoses , Spark Wires , Grounds, and spark plugs and so on , we had the scanner on the car also .

Now which ever parts we replaced the care no idles really rough and seems to want to stall but doesn't. also the engine light will blink every so often , and what the scanner shows is a Misfire on Cylinder number 2.

Anyway the problem is that idle is rough and when i step on the gas it kinda sputters a little then when the revs get up its fine. if i really lay into it for some acceleration the engine light blinks , assuming its a misfire again cause it goes out.

Anyone got any ideas , i have spent over 800 bucks on this one job and really want to get it to run right.

Any input would help
incognito27,May 12 2006, 10:52 PM Wrote:I have a 2000 Ford Focus ZX3  , With the Zetec

i recently had the timing belt done , and the timing put back on

as soon as the timeing was back on the car would  start perfectly , but as soon as it hit idle it had a fit and stalled.

couldn't really understand why , because it worked prior to the belt and timing being done , just not very good. as in no power ,  a little rough idle.

anyway  i had a whole wack of things check recheck and rechecked again ,  the iginiton coil pack , MAF , PCV valve , Vaccum hoses , Spark Wires ,  Grounds,  and spark plugs  and so on ,  we had the scanner on the car also .

Now which ever parts we replaced the care no idles really rough and seems to want to stall but doesn't. also the engine light will blink every so often , and what the scanner shows is a Misfire on Cylinder number 2. 

Anyway the problem is that idle is rough  and when i step on the gas  it kinda sputters a little then when the revs get up its fine.  if i really lay into it for some acceleration the engine light blinks ,  assuming its a misfire again cause it goes out.

Anyone got any ideas , i have spent over 800 bucks on this one job and really want to get it to run right.

Any input would help
[right][snapback]187244[/snapback][/right]
Read my rant .
pull your plug wires and check for water
Already checked , no water at all
incognito27,May 12 2006, 10:55 PM Wrote:Already checked , no water at all
[right][snapback]187247[/snapback][/right]
O2 sensor...
I'm done
Also already checked

DPF
I had a similar problem, it was the ground on coil pack and bad/old spark plug wires.
I cleaned off the corroded ground wire connector and have since installed new spark plug wires.
My problem would occur on rainy and wet days.

Actually, i have since replaced the spark plugs also, but that was because it was time.

good luck
Bad or broken spark plug?

I've had 2 Focus come from the factory that way.
take a spray bottle filled with water, and spray your spark plug wires and coil pack and check for arching .. then you'll know if the plug wires are bad

did the timing belt go back on in the right spot? if its out a couple teeth it would cause serious problems
Ok Update!!!

Had a Master Technition from Ford Look at it , and he found this

Oil was leaking from the valve cover gasket to the spark plugs , carbonin them up and therefore i was only running of half cynilders and down one for sure. he did a temp fix and would get me ford replacement parts at cost from work.

The car is running PERFECTLY

Thanks all for the help guys