FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rogers -- Yeesh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I get another call from Rogers saying my auto-payment is still failing to go through... I've been trying for over a month to get my auto-pay stuff sorted out, and today they give me another small shred of hope that it's finally resolved...

It's amazing that after 2 years of living at this address they would still have to get my address corrected, then the auto-payment system won't work if you have two accounts on one bill.. so be warned, don't even bother trying to set this stuff up via their website, just call the customer service and talk to people.

Lots of people.

I'm going to get them to call my sales people to get their computer stuff figured out for them. It's almost as amateur as the american banks I've worked with.

oh god I'd love to tell you guys why you shouldn't do business with american banks... you'd think they'd be secure, but Canadian banks have them beat hands down....
Haha, dont worry.

I work here and i still cant get my autopayment working for 1 of my rogers accounts.

Bell isnt any better either. They decided to combine my accounts on a system they call "onebill"... The problem is, they decided to combine my cell phone account. with my moms old residential telephone service number. when she lived in mississauga.

Then they tell me that i'm not an authorized user on the account. and i'd have to call from the old phone number to validate myself as a user.

the kicker, the phone service was with rogers from last march. and the line was disconnected in feb when we moved.

haha
I know all too well about Bell's usage of various systems... but if I changed my billing address, or billing info, they actually propogate it across all my accounts, it just doesn't disappear into the ether.

I mean, me and the CSR at Rogers had a good laugh about the address thing. "how did they move my cable when I moved if you guys don't have my latest address?.. not to mention I've had no problems in the last 2 years"

"you're right!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I know bell is no better, the average CSR call time on an SMB call was an hour... so if you're an SMB, and you call to order new lines, move, or set up service, you'll be on the phone an hour, and most of that is just product pricing and billing.

insane!
on the plus side, they had women whoring the Motorola Sliver all up and down yonge st today..

I like it much better than the razor.
Yeah,

I can attest to all the address issues we've been having. If youre mixing telecom accounts with cable accounts its understandable.

We're still operating on seperate billing systems. The Main rogers site wont even recognize telecom account numbers.

But if your services are only wireless and cable. i dont really see the reason why your addresses are all messed up. It should all be under the super-system umbrella.

That's OK, I'm trying to add a phone for my wife on the couples plan and they want me to dump my corporate plan to do it. And why? I'm sharing the minutes anyways, the only thing I come out ahead on is the calls between us. For $26 a month....
At one point right after the conversion of fido subs from BCC to Vision 21, I was able to combine my fido bill with my rogers wireless bill, but the programmers got smart after the knowledge was first found out on HOFO. I think the billing system is still being upgraded/tweaked at this time, oh and the SLVR was at yonge/dundas yesterday, giving out SLVR chocolate bars.
[Image: dsc005204hg.jpg]
^ yeah those damn things they should all be shot and pissed on.

darkpuppet,May 12 2006, 03:39 PM Wrote:on the plus side, they had women whoring the Motorola Sliver all up and down yonge st today..

I like it much better than the razor.
[right][snapback]187169[/snapback][/right]

Yeah they had Eglinton backed up all the way to Mt Pleasant because they had the damn whore's Hummer Limos parked on Eglinton during rush hour, I had a meeting and this stupid stunt made me late I actually felt like getting out of my truck and throwing my Motorolla cell at them.

Laterz :)
And ya gotta love the creative 'rock' speakers on the roof... *rolls eyes* :lol:
paolo,May 13 2006, 11:17 AM Wrote:At one point right after the conversion of fido subs from BCC to Vision 21, I was able to combine my fido bill with my rogers wireless bill, but the programmers got smart after the knowledge was first found out on HOFO.  I think the billing system is still being upgraded/tweaked at this time, oh and the SLVR was at yonge/dundas yesterday, giving out SLVR chocolate bars.
[Image: dsc005204hg.jpg]
[right][snapback]187299[/snapback][/right]

Crap...that reminds me...I got some chocolate bars left in my work bag.

It was nice to see everyone getting free chocolate bars at the risk of backing up traffic at Yonge & Bay.

I dunno, Vision21 was never perfect from the start, even though I used to be trained on it from the start. Part of the issue seemed to be the paralleled older system and pulling in the right system. When I got high speed, a lot of the CSR's and techs missed out on one thing when it wasn't working with my digital cable -- suggesting a few major upgrades happened between 1999 and 2005 and a lot of temporary "fixes" were put into place yet not permanently fixed.

Welcome to Your World. Right Now. :lol: