FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: So There Is A Chance I Might Be Moving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so the deal is that I have a lease on my 2005 FocusZX5, 2 years left on the lease agreement. I have a good chance that I could be relocating to California, can't take the car with me, so I have to get rid of it. My question is, what are the penalties for returning a lease that early, and is it easier to just find someone to take over the lease out right.

If there is anyone you know that is looking for a Focus and is willing to pay $400/month for the next two years, let me know. Oh ya, BTW the car comes with the stereo system in it. YUp thats the Clarion deck, 1000w amp, and 2-12"subs. As you can see I need to give some kind of inscentive to get rid of the car...
They can make you pay out the entire amount left on your contract. And they might because you aren't renewing with them.

I would try to find someone.
laidman,May 11 2006, 08:27 PM Wrote:If there is anyone you know that is looking for a Focus and is willing to pay $400/month for the next two years, let me know.  [right][snapback]186949[/snapback][/right]
Meford is exactly right - at this early stage of the lease buying it out will cost way more than you could get for the vehicle. Really your only viable option is finding someone to take over the lease.

Perhaps you could give a bit more info.

What colour and what options.
Exactly how much per month (and does the figure include taxes or not)
How many months left
How many km allowed
How many clicks on the car

I'm asking because I know someone who might be interested in taking over your lease.
ZTWsquared,May 11 2006, 08:20 PM Wrote:
laidman,May 11 2006, 08:27 PM Wrote:If there is anyone you know that is looking for a Focus and is willing to pay $400/month for the next two years, let me know.  [right][snapback]186949[/snapback][/right]
Meford is exactly right - at this early stage of the lease buying it out will cost way more than you could get for the vehicle. Really your only viable option is finding someone to take over the lease.

Perhaps you could give a bit more info.

What colour and what options.
Exactly how much per month (and does the figure include taxes or not)
How many months left
How many km allowed
How many clicks on the car

I'm asking because I know someone who might be interested in taking over your lease.
[right][snapback]186958[/snapback][/right]

Copper ZX5, heated seats, heated power mirrors, traction control, automatic transmission, dark grey interior, 16" cast aluminum weheels, sunroof, power windows. I will have to find the original sticker for the car for the rest.
$404.63/month taxes included.
As of right now 24 months left on the lease
20,000km/year, 60,000km total at lease end,
13,500km, low for a year old

For further inscentive on this car, I may be adding the 17" SVT wheels and tires to sweetin the deal, not sure yet

Automatic :( still sounds like a sick car...

When would you be transferring lease, or do you know for sure?
possibly within the next 4 weeks..
i'd throw it on leasebusters or craigslist ASAP then...
Not a bad Idea, but I still want to see how this job goes. Next week, I'm supposed to be goion down there. Only for a week, kind of like a trial/training period. See how I like it, how they like me. If all goes well, I would come back, and get me s*** in order, sell 90% of my pocessions, and move. I was told that I would be given 2-3 weeks to prepare for the move, so that should give me enough time to get ready. WOW this thing went from a shot in the dark, to something very possible. 3 month ago, I never would have thought I would have the chance to go to Cali.
try to get out of it asap. good luck with the job. why cant you take it with you out of curiosity?
naz,May 12 2006, 07:04 PM Wrote:try to get out of it asap. good luck with the job. why cant you take it with you out of curiosity?
[right][snapback]187214[/snapback][/right]

Cause 20s dont fit on a focus.......... :lol:
D-Dub,May 15 2006, 04: Wrote:
naz,May 12 2006, 07:04 PM Wrote:try to get out of it asap. good luck with the job. why cant you take it with you out of curiosity?
[right][snapback]187214[/snapback][/right]

Cause 20s dont fit on a focus.......... :lol:
[right][snapback]187673[/snapback][/right]

22's yo!!