FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2001 Vs 2004 Lightning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hi guys, it looks like I am moving to hawaii, I am currently here for some general recon work and finalizing discussion with employer.

I figure the best choice for me is a performance/practical vehicle. So while shopping I found a 2001 and a 2004 lightning, both same km, both with same options.

the price for the 2001 is 17000 usd and the 2004 is 29000 usd.

beside the warrenty left on the 2004 and the wheels, what are both year main difference?

Thanks,

-Marc

btw... anyone want a smoking deal on a svtf? I'll be back in ontario on the 16th.

Good luck in Hawaii Marc! B)

The wife must be happy.
have you seen the gas prices down there? you sure you want a lightning?
darkpuppet,May 11 2006, 07:53 PM Wrote:have you seen the gas prices down there?  you sure you want a lightning?
[right][snapback]186901[/snapback][/right]

Have you seen... hell, its hard to miss 3.30$ + for medium grade... but this island is the size of my pocket... so it all come out ok... plus the potential salary more than make up for it...

I just dont see myself driving a moped... lol

mmmmhhhhh, swede seats and side pipes combined with a big ass root blower :P
Good luck in hawaii Marc! All the Best.

hmm, how come youre looking at a truck? if i was in the position where i didnt have to do much driving i'd get a 01 S4.

EDIT: Not sure if this helps Comparo
wow sounds like an awesome job :D congrats.

what is it that you do anyways :)
lucky bastard! i want to move to hawaii!!

your in hawaii, get a convertable!!

are we gonna see you on Dog Bounty Hunter? :lol:

remember, " There's no ICE in paradise"
french_connection,May 11 2006, 07:48 PM Wrote:Hi guys, it looks like I am moving to hawaii, I am currently here for some general recon work and finalizing discussion with employer.

I figure the best choice for me is a performance/practical vehicle. So while shopping I found a 2001 and a 2004 lightning, both same km, both with same options.

the price for the 2001 is 17000 usd and the 2004 is 29000 usd.

beside the warrenty left on the 2004 and the wheels, what are both year main difference?

Thanks,

-Marc

btw... anyone want a smoking deal on a svtf? I'll be back in ontario on the 16th.
[right][snapback]186898[/snapback][/right]

Hey Marc congrats,

make sure your place is gona be big enough for us. We are going to hawaii for our honeymoon in Aug.

Mo :)
Wow sounds awsome! Best of luck to you buddy, and go for the 04' Lighting, it may be a bit heavier but the 04' looks sweeter and has an LSD. Apparantly the 01' does not :)
01 has 360hp vs. 04 has 380hp. Only other difference I know of it the wheels and grilles. BTW, YOU LUCKY S.O.B.!!!!!
Holy Shnikey's Batman!!!

Talk about the job score of the decade....congrats!

Either way, with the truck, who cares? It's a Lightning...lol

I'd buy the older one...big price difference between the two, Ford's warranties suck anyways, as we all know, and since it's an F150 to begin with, I think that most of it will last mechanically...more heavy duty from the factory than a foci to begin with...

And again, congrats!
http://www.svt.ford.com/svtArchiveCompareL...e_three=nothing

Try this site for a comparison

Congrats, Say Hi to Magnum PI for me!!

Congrats on the great job and good luck in the promised land. Don't forget where we are though (pics of the Island and DOG arresting you)
For 20HP less I'd spend the drastically less cash.

Good luck in the Evil Empire.
yeah, it seem to me also that the 2001 offer pretty much the same for a lot less $, plus the 2001 is a white one which I like very much and as a hard cover for the box, while the 2004 is a sonic blue with a material cover...

if the LSD thing is true, I could more then afford to put one in for the difference in price.

As for the 20 hp difference, I will get a boost-cooler for it as it would benefit a lot from it here in hawaii where the weather is never below 75 degree. the 20 hp is 1 pulley away ;)

cheers,

-Marc

*the reason for a lightning is I need a box to carry my surf and dirtbike... a A4 wouldnt cut it... plus hawaiians drive like crap, so a truck add safety in case of crash.
The LSD is not true. ALL Lightnings have LSD.
Go for the 01...

throw some extra money into mods...
congrats good luck!
Either is fine. I'd lean towards the 2004 just because it might keep its value better because it is THE LAST model year for the Lightning.

Best of luck in Hawaii Marc!
(Another one of the originals departs)