FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: More Big Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does any one know were I can get a good motor for my car. I just don't know who to trust around here.
Why? Whats the 'big' problem? Blow up your engine?
Yeah I think I droped a valve
[Image: ford_5L_cammerV8.jpg]

:banger:
How do you think?

Try DOMS auto wrecker or standard auto wrecker, however if it was me, i'd be pulling the head to see what went wrong. If theres no damage to the block then just get a ported head and put it on....probably good time to do the bottom end too....bet it would work out cheaper than buying a new motor...
get it rebuilt thats what i did a valve is hardly anything
Try Dominion Auto.
2 things probably have happened:

1. Bent/Broken valve.
2. Piston head damage.

Maybe some damage to the cylinder head but you may be able to get away with it.

If i were you, take the head off and have the mechanic/engine machinist take a look at the block, head, and piston for any problems.

From there, they'll be able to decide what needs to be replaced.
Do what Oscar said, theres no point in spending 2-3k on a motor when you could get a P&P head new valves and possibly pistons (?) for cheaper. Not to mention the motor is Gauranteed to work and aint no stock POS. Even if you dont want to go with a P&P head pistons valves etc, rebuilding it is still cheaper. I bet the block is fine.
Burnin21,May 11 2006, 05:57 PM Wrote:I bet the block is fine.
[right][snapback]186936[/snapback][/right]

Usually it is, however if the valve broke off at the stem, it may shuffle around in the chamber and scrach the sides of the borehole. If that's so, the block will need to be bored and you'll have to put in oversized pistons.

And referring to piston, i mean piston head. The piston rod should be fine.
if he did acutally drop/stick a valve then you can bet it made contact with the piston.

Your best bet is to start taking it apart then just address it as you go
Do a full valvetrain upgrade at this point. Replace what needs to be (if there is anything to be replaced) with the pistons/block, and put a high flow head and valvetrain designed for higher speed/ stress...
just go to a junk yank and yank one from another focus. i'm sure you can find a perfectly good motor there on the cheap.. didn't is see the 2L 16v going for like $750cdn here a while back?