FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Smart Thinking For Volvo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A good creative way to promote the convertible.

Volvo tests weather for C70 launch

Rain or shine, Volvo Cars of Canada is launching a new campaign for its C70 hardtop convertible.

The Toronto-based automaker and its media agency, Sharpe Blackmore Euro RSCG, have partnered with The Weather Network on an eight-week promotion called the “Volvo Rain or Shine Report.”

Airing nine times daily on The Weather Network and its French-language counterpart Météo Média, the branded 30-second report places a graphic of the C70–its roof either up or down depending on the day’s weather conditions–alongside standard weather reporting icons like sun and clouds. The specialty channels’ on-air personalities also tell viewers whether major Canadian cities are experiencing “top up” or “top down” conditions.

“It’s trying to find a way to integrate the brand and the unique selling point of that vehicle into the different places that you run it,” says Chris O’Hara, media manager for Sharpe Blackmore.

An additional online component features a voken of the C70 that appears when people call up local weather forecasts on theweathernetwork.com or meteomedia.com sites. The car drives onto the screen and the roof goes either up or down.

Volvo has also partnered with Pattison Outdoor Canada on outdoor creative that changes from day to night. During the day, the billboard ads feature a Volvo C70 in the woods surrounded by butterflies. At night, the woods disappear and the car is surrounded by fireflies. The outdoor component is comprised of eight locations in each of the Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal markets. All of the creative features the tag “Let your inside out.”

–Chris Powell
Quote:The Toronto-based automaker and its media agency, Sharpe Blackmore Euro RSCG

Volvo is Toronto based?
haha since when?

Edit: Damn, I lost my 1000th post somewhere along the line....
VOLVO Canada.

They have an office here that is in charge of N.A. media and advertising for the brand.
This is the second last car I will test drive. The decision, I think with this car, will come down to costs.

Oh, and for those that care, the wife saw the Milan at the plant today and loved it.

I knew she would.
ANTHONYD,May 11 2006, 01:23 PM Wrote:VOLVO Canada.

They have an office here that is in charge of N.A. media and advertising for the brand.
[right][snapback]186864[/snapback][/right]
Terry Spyropolous, the VP of Marketing at Volvo is a guy I helped train when he first joined Ford 15 years ago ... I gave him his nickname which is "Twink Wad" - it's kind of a cute story if anyone's interested.

Oh ... and your wife has good taste Meford

Well, at least in automobiles, anyway.
ZTWsquared,May 11 2006, 05:57 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,May 11 2006, 01:23 PM Wrote:VOLVO Canada.

[right][snapback]186864[/snapback][/right]
Terry Spyropolous, the VP of Marketing at Volvo is a guy I helped train when he first joined Ford 15 years ago ... I gave him his nickname which is "Twink Wad" - it's kind of a cute story if anyone's interested.

Oh ... and your wife has good taste Meford

Well, at least in automobiles, anyway.
[right][snapback]186937[/snapback][/right]

You think she has a choice?

She might think she has a choice, but i don't see her truck in the driveway.

I just make her beleive she has a choice.