FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Vw Ad's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not really diggin the new VW Jetta commercials on TV,.,,if you havent seen them then keep an eye open for them.

there are 2 different ones, using the 'safe happens' slogan at the end!

I won't lie..they kinda freak me out!

opinions!!>?
yeah I have seen the white Jetta one, Freaky indeed.
What channel and time are they on at?
I saw this one...it's freaky, but VERY realistic...I think this kind of advertising is very attention getting indeed...I mean, we're on a Focus site, and are talking about it...
both scared the s*** out of me, I have had two very similar accidents. Those make me cringe when they came on for the first time. They should go back to the Fast demon, or catapault a few cars, at least that was funny
Good for advertising but yea, really freaky to watch, the GTI ones were sooooo funny.. let me hear you say vhat.. haha
Those will win crazy awards this year. Mark my words.

Love them, again VW does advertising that leaves you with something.

Only problem is.... Now every moron in a VW is going to drive like thay own a VOLVO. :rolleyes:
crazikev,May 11 2006, 02:08 AM Wrote:What channel and time are they on at?
[right][snapback]186676[/snapback][/right]

check your local listings.

I think they do the job they were intended to do. Gets you thinking about saftey and that anything can happen. I don't know if VW has ever had a bad history with saftey issues, but it seems they're trying to steal Volvo's fire for being the safest cars in the world. Remember saftey should not be a luxury, it should come standard.
Freaky indeed.
This won already won a bunch of awards (not VW)

Use seat belts!
Yeah, that ad won a few Clios as well. Well done for sure.

Euro concept though.
You guys have to remember these ad's are directed strickty to show the safety of the car and how well they perform in the typical North American way we drive, Yes the Unexpeceted can happen when you least expect it and it's scary but why should we censor it ?

You have to remember in the early 90's Chrysler spent millions on their advertizing for all their cars that came with the driver's side air bag as a Standard feature. And then later on with the deul Air Bags, and then again with the de-powered ones in the later 90's, and it was always the aftermath of the accident with the Actors saying things like " all I remember was the airbag went off and the police telling me later I was the only person to walk away un injerd " and their other one " it was a really bad accident and I was the only surviver because I had an air bag "

I think VW did a good job on thier new Ad's because you see the typical things that do happen in these accidents, both drivers were not paying attention and two passengers in the one car were not wearing seat belts, and were they avoidable yes, if they were paying attention like they should have been.
Which passengers weren't wearing seatbelts in the VW ads? I think they all were wearing them.
I read an article yesterday about the making of these spots... I'll scan it later today.

Those guys were actually stunt men. THERE WAS NO CG WORK DONE AT ALL.
someone posted a link to a European version of this style commercial, I think it might have even been a short film. Only 1 person was wearing their seat belt and lived the rest didn't. That one was shocking.
delete this post... lol... I made a mistake
what about the saftey of the MK2 VWs