FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dasilva Racing Dyno Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DaSilva Racing Dyno Day Plus Misc. Pics and Vids
[Image: SA400189.jpg]
[Image: SA400188.jpg]
[Image: SA400199.jpg]
[Image: SA400186.jpg]
[Image: SA400187.jpg]
[Image: 2293591_43_full.jpg]
[Image: SA400181.jpg]
[Image: SA400190.jpg]
[Image: SA400207s.jpg]
[Image: SA400208.jpg]

03 SVT Cobra
[/url]Click here to see Video

5.0 Shifting on the Dyno
Click here to see Video

Nissan 350 Z
Click here to see Video

The Ultimate Dyno Pull The Portuguese Way
[url=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/85542D63-84F2-495F-9B79-9842A70DA2CB.htm]Click here to see Video
VIVA Portugal!
Too bad you didn't post the day on the site so some of us could tag along :P
Yeah what hardk0re said. Esp. since I had mine dynoed last year there when it was bone stock. I wanna see if I really did get any extra grunt for my cash.

NefCanuck
I have some questions regarding Dasilva...since I've never dealt with them before, I am wondering if they do dyno tuning and whatnot to Foci as well? I want to remove my Speed Govenor, as well as dial in my engine some more.

L8tz
Drivesthebeast,May 11 2006, 04:45 AM Wrote:I have some questions regarding Dasilva...since I've never dealt with them before, I am wondering if they do dyno tuning and whatnot to Foci as well?  I want to remove my Speed Govenor, as well as dial in my engine some more.

L8tz
[right][snapback]186706[/snapback][/right]

They told me they could dyno tune focuses no problem, then proceeded to tell me how they blew up the SVT focus they put on the dyno (tho it made impressive HP before she blew).

So I decided to wait until they had a few unblown up focuses before putting mine up for sacrifice.

That was a couple years ago mind you.. these guys have been doing mustangs for a long time, so they know their stuff.

p.s. that red cobra looks like ass.. there, I said it.
I never heard about them blowing up and svt focus a svt cobra yes but not a focus and the dyno day was set up by gtamc i only found out the day of because i had to drop off some parts for my car ill make sure to let you guys know about the next dyno day

but they have done a few foci using sct tuning its really a great program the focus loves there tuning
ZX3_2NV,May 11 2006, 12:06 PM Wrote:I never heard about them blowing up and svt focus a svt cobra yes but not a focus and the dyno day was set up by gtamc i only found out the day of because i had to drop off some parts for my car ill make sure to let you guys know about the next dyno day

but they have done a few foci using sct tuning its really a great program the focus loves there tuning
[right][snapback]186820[/snapback][/right]

I wish I could remember who I was talking to.. it was a couple years ago when I was looking for some help cleaning up the mess the TT guys made of the supercharger install.

this was soon after dealing with the folks from TAG.. and I learned that a knowledgeable shop that isn't knowledgeable with the focus or SCT wasn't a shop I really wanted to deal with at the time.. and DaSylva was in that boat at the time.

I could write a dicertation on how disappointed I am in, and how let down I feel by the tuner shops in general.

of course my experiences in the past are no indication of a shop's true ability
DaSilva I think has come a long way for tunning since those days. They did put a tune on my car, while I wasn't totally comfortable with it, my car didn't blow up for the day or so I ran with it.

I do however have more confidence with the Focussport guys, just because well...they are focussport... :lol:
would you take your vw to a dodge dealer to get repaired?

focussport deals strictly with focus and thats why you can place so much trust and confidence in them

dasilva deals with mustangs mainly ... i'm sure if you owned one they would be the first shop you'd think of going to ... there probably just like steeda .. there fine putting basic tunes on foci's .. but anything more you might want to have done by another shop
Pictures look good! :)
Maybe I'll have to go to Steeda, or to SHM for having my comp redone...I'm mostly concerned with having my govenor removed (hate being beaten by minivans on the highway...lol). Or, will consider Dasilva if enough people can convince me that their tuning is good to go...
Drivesthebeast,May 11 2006, 04:45 AM Wrote:I have some questions regarding Dasilva...since I've never dealt with them before, I am wondering if they do dyno tuning and whatnot to Foci as well?  I want to remove my Speed Govenor, as well as dial in my engine some more.

L8tz
[right][snapback]186706[/snapback][/right]

Yeesh..how soon people forget:

http://www.ofoc.ca/gallery/dynoatdasilva/index.html

[Image: dyno02.jpg]

[Image: dyno05.jpg]

[Image: dyno10.jpg]

[Image: dyno19.jpg]

There was a dyno day done two years ago. Foci on it...none blew up :) I'm still amazed how two years ago I pulled off the same numbers after 100,000 km on the odometer.

Actually, SVTOA-Toronto just did our dyno day on Saturday the 13th.

http://www.svtoa-toronto.ca/gallery/2006...index.html

Right now, Joe is booked up until after the 2-4.
Even rubberman never blew up!!!!
hardk0re,May 14 2006, 09:52 PM Wrote:Even rubberman never blew up!!!!
[right][snapback]187419[/snapback][/right]

yeah, he almost blew up at the Tag meet though...
Niiice!!
[Image: dyno18.jpg]

scoobasteve
(2003 SVT - 5 dr)
11,700 km Custom intake
MBRP catback exhaust
Steeda short shifter
Royal Purple Synthetic Motor Oil .

:mellow: :( It was soo new back then.

So whens the next dyno day... I wanna bring out the 300.
I want to see how my slug performs to......I smell a focuscanada dyno day.. :)
Hmm, Should we setup a poll to judge interest?