FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Computer Rant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I tried vibrating it, but perhaps my arms just can't vibrate like a boxer engine.

Edit: I'm gonna go try plugging it in without the car on, as well as trying out running it on battery. That should remove both of the remaining scenarios.

Edit2: HAS to be the vibrations

Edit3: My laptop has an iPod harddrive in it, iPods don't skip do they? (well it has a 1.5" harddrive anyway, like an iPod)
last test would be if it skips while driving, while idling, with the car off...burn music to CD and see if it skips still. Max out the buffer on your player.
Laptop doesn't have a CD drive. (Sharp MM10 w/ Transmeta Crusoe)

It doesn't skip as much idling, but it definately skips longer driving.

Also, some of what I said above was incorrect (slipped my mind). The external harddrive is NOT 1.8" ... it's a standard 2.5" laptop drive. However the one in the laptop IS 1.8" and might skip less. So I've moved the music there in hopes it'll solve the problem.

Also, foobar2000 only buffers to 8000 ms, so I may have to try an alternate player. What would be a good one? something that's readable while driving (by which I mean, I can take a quick glance over and immediately see what I'm listening to).

(sorry to hijack the thread)
winamp, not the new style the older one v2.92 You can make it double size and it'll be fairly easy to read
Originally I switched from winamp because it can't read Unicode. Anything better?
Can you make playlists with that? easily?

It always just seemed more of a video player to me than an audio player. I know it'll do both, but yeah, video player.
meford4u,May 9 2006, 09:14 PM Wrote:Ask your IT dept. to join the site.

I wanna make them f***tard of the month for MAY
[right][snapback]186450[/snapback][/right]

meford

I would except getting those IT clowns to do anything "off script" is like trying to teach a cat to use a toilet instead of a litterbox...

You might be able to do it but it just isn't worth the ulcer you get trying to do it in the first place...

NefCAnuck
And here ladies & gents for s**ts & giggles I give you the text of the comments I sent when IT sent their "Customer Satisfaction Survey" (with the full knowledge and consent of my boss)

I've added emphasis here to highlight a few things :

Comments: This issue was not in fact resolved at all by the IT Help Desk but instead by the MISS staff member Daniel Amsler who discovered that none of the user profiles had the printer driver properly installed for the Dell printer.

Once the printer drivers were installed properly by the staff member and all settings set to automatic, the printer issues ceased.

None of the Help Desk staff, who were in fact advised that we had been recently rolled out, investigated whether or not there was in fact a printer driver issue.

Not that I think anything will happen (If the Help Desk Manager actually does call, he'd speak to my boss first, who would then pass the call to me, while listening in <_< ) but it would be nice to verbally crack him like the walnut he is :P

NefCanuck
Crack some heads Daniel :)
You've sent it back, you've got the support of your boss... at this point, aside of an internal department flaying at the bequest of your department heads, you've done all you can do and at least you fired back.
Nice work daniel.
Pages: 1 2