FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cyl. Head
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking in to buying a cyl head but not sure witch one to buy.
ford racing or focussport? I will be installing a powerworks SC .
thanks for ur help.
sweetg,May 9 2006, 01:48 PM Wrote:I'm looking in to buying a cyl head but not sure witch one to buy.
ford racing or focussport? I will be installing a powerworks SC .
thanks for ur help.
[right][snapback]186310[/snapback][/right]

I'd go focus sport personally..
Same here, the flow rates appear greater, unfortunatly you need to send back the core, now good thing is you can get cams, gears and the head from focussport everything assembled and just simply do a head swap. I don't think it gets much easier than that.
ford racing ... you get a brand new head with proven performance ... not a reworked used stock head

and its much cheaper if i remember correctly
does anyone know the readings for a ford racing head?
the focus sport gives 160hp & 150tq with full exhaust system, intake sys and 91octane.
I think with their re-worked head, the FocusSport is heads and shoulders above everyone else.

send back your core unit, get back a few bills ($300USD?) its a small price to pay for the shipping to add say 10-15 MORE hp than a Ford Racing Head would do.
FR heads are extremely good for boost.
they come with bigger valves machined and installed.
also, you cannot shim a head unless you have the cams in hand.
new springs and retainers are available as an option or possibly standard now, i haven't checked recently. :)
FR heads can still be improved upon with further port work.

i like FS stuff, they do amazing work and the cossie improvements make a solid difference.

but for a PW kit, or any form of boost, i'd still suggest the FR heads.
I think McNews and CFM both offer extra port work on the FR heads they sell and i beleieve CFM is also working on a reworked Stock Zetec head program aswell.
I deal with both Ray and William and would recommend either.
sounds good thanks for ur help.
could I have both of there websites.
http://www.mcnewsautomotive.com/

and

http://focus.c-f-m.com/

you might need to check on FJ or FF for more info on the packages they offer.