FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Nice Looking Merc Milan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

NYCshopper Wrote:Mercury Milan Voga (by Ford GT40 designer Camilo Pardo)

[Image: WKA2006050827127_pv.jpg]

[B]The Milan Voga was designed by Ford GT40 designer Camilo Pardo to reflect Hispanic passion and flair. The car will be auctioned online June 13-23 at http://www.ebay.com/milan

Press Release:

[Image: WKA2006050827111_pv.jpg]

[Image: WKA2006050827174_pv.jpg]

[Image: WKA2006050827138_pv.jpg]
Focus headlights, Fusion grille shape...

I'd hit it.

What't the quality like on a Murk these days?
ANTHONYD,May 9 2006, 08:52 AM Wrote:What't the quality like on a Murk these days?
[right][snapback]186173[/snapback][/right]

Don't know specifically about the Milan, but the last J.D. Power survey I saw put the Mercury brand way up there ... ahead of virtually all the other domestics and neck and neck with Honda.
WOW, there is a lot to be said about that.

Hopefully Ford recognizes the importance of that and works to maintain it.
ANTHONYD,May 9 2006, 09:13 AM Wrote:Hopefully Ford recognizes the importance of that and works to maintain it.
[right][snapback]186184[/snapback][/right]

Mercury dealers in the US make a big deal about it when selling specifically against Ford and other domestics, but the way J.D. Power works manufacturers aren't allowed to quote any of the results in advertising or promotional materials.

And BTW, the public never gets to see these results either. That's how J.D. Power keeps all these manufacturers as customers for their high-priced survey results.

Here's the link to the Milan Voga press release --
I'd Hit it...
I'd hit it.... with scooba 2x!
Thats pimp juice!
FociPhil,May 9 2006, 03:59 PM Wrote:Thats pimp juice!
[right][snapback]186276[/snapback][/right]

Crunk juice?

[Image: B00031TX8G.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg]
I like everything about that car except the wheels, too blingy for my tastes :P

Things like this are why I think FoMoCo Canada were a bunch of 'tards when they killed Mercury up here.

NefCanuck
I was very interested until I read starting bid is at $35k US.

That's a little steep for that car.
I really like it. the colours of the exterier, and interior blend perfectly.
Thats a nice car.

:hitit:
Too bad its just a "one off" vehicle. :(
SVT ZX3,May 9 2006, 06:13 PM Wrote:Too bad its just a "one off" vehicle. :(
[right][snapback]186389[/snapback][/right]

I believe it's going into production with the first one being auctioned off... last bid i seen was 35,000 american.
No way Ford will put that into production. Mercury is a luxury car line that is inexpensive.
You can get a fully loaded Milan in the US for just over $20k.
To me it's a nice car, but it doesn't make sense to me as a daily driver.
Nice show car, but our family has one "Old Show Car" and at times, it's a friggin nuisance at best.
Not a car I want to rely on to be my daily driver to go back and forth to work to bring home the bacon.
i don't really see the big deal about this car, or do the angles of the pics ruin it.
It's not production, someone said it was but it's not.... Oh well

Hopefully some peices can make it to production like the wheels.
I think they should have wheels like that available from the Factory or dealership on ALL of the Fusions, Millans, MK-X's, etc...I would wanna put some big chrome wheels like that on a Fusion.

Examples can be found at:

http://www.fordfusion.net

L8tz