FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Chrysler Recalls Chrysler 300,charger, Magnum Etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Chrysler Recalls Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, Dodge Magnum and Jeep Wrangler Models
The Daily Auto Insider
Monday, May 8, 2006
May 2006

Chrysler said it is recalling about 45,000 Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger and Dodge Magnum sedans because of a potential brake fluid leak, the Associated Press reported.

The recall affects 2006 model-year vehicles with 2.7-liter engines. In some cases, the exhaust gas recirculation tube could come into contact with the brake tubes and cause it to wear through or burn through the tube, leading to brake fluid leaking and a fire.

A Chrysler spokesman said the automaker was aware of nine reported engine fires. He said there have been no reports of crashes, injuries or property damage.

Chrysler also said it would recall nearly 7,000 2006 Jeep Wranglers equipped with 6-speed manual transmissions because of potential problems with the clutch.

Scoob, does this apply to you?>
ANTHONYD,May 9 2006, 07:54 AM Wrote:Scoob, does this apply to you?>
[right][snapback]186174[/snapback][/right]

No he has a HEMI
SWEET.

[Image: reep.jpg]
wow, like I just finished posting in the camry recall thread, 45,000 units could be affected. Does the domestic car companies pay that much attention to QA? or do they just sit back and wait until the shizz hits the fan to fix and do something about it?
I tried to tell ford about the DPFE issue when I had my second one replaced noticed half the guys on the board were having theirs go for a s*** too.

They must have replaced millions of those before they issued a T.S.B. still no recall though...I guess they just replace them as they come in. A failed DPFE doesn't really count as a "safety recall" now that I think of it.
2001 ZTS,May 9 2006, 09:10 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,May 9 2006, 07:54 AM Wrote:Scoob, does this apply to you?>
[right][snapback]186174[/snapback][/right]

No he has a HEMI
[right][snapback]186181[/snapback][/right]

ANTHONYD,May 9 2006, 09:14 AM Wrote:SWEET.

[Image: reep.jpg]
[right][snapback]186185[/snapback][/right]

Indeed...