FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Autocrossing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So decided to give this autox a whirl got myself a beater car to tow around to events. Bought myself cranium protection And well the pics speak for themselves

[Image: may30autocross2006033a.jpg]

[Image: may30autocross2006034a.jpg]

Look at that force throwing the weight :D

Racing is like crack.. So damn addicting, cept legal :D

Gonna make a mount inside the car to hold my digital camcorder makes some vids of this. It is damn fun.
takin from scooba stupid "woot, woot, skeet"
meford4u,May 8 2006, 07:11 PM Wrote:takin from scooba stupid  "woot, woot, skeet"
[right][snapback]186115[/snapback][/right]
So is that supposed to be positive or negative? :D
if lil john's expression are any sort of sign I think it is a really good thing.
I agree, autocross is indeed addicting.

Sort of like sex, except you have all of your clothes on. And you can do it in public without getting arrested.

I have a link somewhere to make a headrest mounted camera holder
If anyone has links/pics suggestions for making a camera mount pretty much just flat bottom mount with a screw for the buttom of the camera and that's done but mounting to the car. I could weld it to the hump in the back between the driver and passenger seat. I'm really open to all options here tho.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthr...ht=camera+mount

prolly cost ya like $5 in parts to make
I don't think that'll work I'm at work right now so can't check for sure, but in the pic it doesn't look like the seats have headrest bolts sticking out to mount to. So any other ideas?
awesome videos that makes me want to autoX even more now
nass,May 9 2006, 01:43 PM Wrote:awesome videos that makes me want to autoX even more now
[right][snapback]186341[/snapback][/right]
You mean pictures
Nope I am pretty sure I said videos.... :)

scroll down the page and you'll see 2 links to videos oh the said camera mount in action.
Phantom,May 9 2006, 01:56 PM Wrote:I don't think that'll work I'm at work right now so can't check for sure, but in the pic it doesn't look like the seats have headrest bolts sticking out to mount to. So any other ideas?
[right][snapback]186312[/snapback][/right]

they're mounted to the big headrest rods using those u-bolts... unless i'm just confused (was one of those days)
torradan,May 9 2006, 03:23 PM Wrote:
Phantom,May 9 2006, 01:56 PM Wrote:I don't think that'll work I'm at work right now so can't check for sure, but in the pic it doesn't look like the seats have headrest bolts sticking out to mount to. So any other ideas?
[right][snapback]186312[/snapback][/right]

they're mounted to the big headrest rods using those u-bolts... unless i'm just confused (was one of those days)
[right][snapback]186367[/snapback][/right]
Yah the headrests in the celica don't have those bars so that won't work.
sucky, well someone on [fj] mounted it on the rear shelf where the child safety things are..