FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: A/c Recharge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recharged the A/C in the Mystique yesterday - piece of cake.

But for the life of me I couldn't find the "low side service port" on the Focus. It's supposed to be somewhere on or near the accumulator drier, but I couldn't see it.

Anyone know where it is? Thanks.
ZTWsquared,May 8 2006, 03:27 PM Wrote:I recharged the A/C in the Mystique yesterday - piece of cake.

But for the life of me I couldn't find the "low side service port" on the Focus. It's supposed to be somewhere on or near the accumulator drier, but I couldn't see it.

Anyone know where it is?  Thanks.
[right][snapback]186053[/snapback][/right]

hey Ken check out the link I found... includes pics and what you're looking for.

Focus Hacks How To
nass,May 8 2006, 11:31 AM Wrote:hey Ken check out the link I found... includes pics and what you're looking for.
Focus Hacks How To
[right][snapback]186055[/snapback][/right]
Thanks for the link Tony (and thanks for not pointing out my poor searching skills) although I'm sure that's coming.

The DIY kit pictured in that link is the exact one I'm using -- so if anyone's interested I can do up a product review. They're only available in the states but if anyone wants one, I could probably pick up a couple to bring back next time I'm down there.
hah no prob. WHat does one of those kits cost? I ran my A/C the other day it after that nasty smell went away it some nice and cold still. It's a good idea to run the A/C atleast once a month even if you don't need it, to keep everything lubricated and working, the freon contains oil ( I think ) that keeps the system runing fine.
nass,May 8 2006, 12:13 PM Wrote:hah no prob. WHat does one of those kits cost? system runing fine.
[right][snapback]186063[/snapback][/right]
I bought it last fall at NAPA in Niagara Falls -- comes with the gauge and connector, and three cans of R13a -- also comes with connectors to retrofit R12 cars and a CD-ROM.

I think the regular price was around $35USD - I bought it for $25 on sale.
wow that's pretty cheap, a lot better than a garage considering a refill would cost 2x as much if not more.
ZTW, i just did mine lask week and it took my budy a while to find where the low side was as well. The reason why they hide it is bc they want you to drain the system, pressure test it and fill it on the high side.

But we did the same thing, and since then my AC was so freaking cold that it was giving me frost bites :)

There is a kit you can buy here as well that has all that. The kit is around 15$ a can and you have to buy the regulators.