FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wireless Headphones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since we have a few audiophiles here on the site, I'd like to know if anyone here uses wireless headphones for their computer.

It seems that every pair of headphones I get eventually gets a broken wire/plug and I figure that wireless would be the way to go. My current pair is those Zalman 5.1 surround ones. Now that I've used them, I find the 5.1 is not as good as they state. So going back to old 2 channel is alright with me.

I've been looking around and there are some Sennheisers I'm hearing nothing but good things.

Here's the one in particular I'm thinking bout buying:

Sennheiser RS110

I would like to get a pair that also have a mic on for MSN voice chat if possible too.

Anybody have any suggestions / comments?
Oscar The Grouch,May 8 2006, 02:43 PM Wrote:Since we have a few audiophiles here on the site, I'd like to know if anyone here uses wireless headphones for their computer.

It seems that every pair of headphones I get eventually gets a broken wire/plug and I figure that wireless would be the way to go.  My current pair is those Zalman 5.1 surround ones.  Now that I've used them, I find the 5.1 is not as good as they state.  So going back to old 2 channel is alright with me.

I've been looking around and there are some Sennheisers I'm hearing nothing but good things.

Here's the one in particular I'm thinking bout buying:

Sennheiser RS110

I would like to get a pair that also have a mic on for MSN voice chat if possible too.

Anybody have any suggestions / comments?
[right][snapback]186038[/snapback][/right]

I have a comment. I am sure the technology has gotten better over the past years but wireless headphones at one point were pretty bad. The battery life was short and the sound/interference level wasn't great. This does go back 3 or so year though. But on topic here I know that sennheiser is one of the best if not the best headphone you can get but they do come at a price. If they fixed the previous issues with wireless then I say go for it, buy it at future shop and you have 30days to try it :)
sennheiser is the best imo.
I have those headphones. I don't use them for the computer though. They work well. The battery life is decent.
The ONLY thing is that they run at 900MHZ. Which if you know cordless phones is the same frequency. I can still catch folks converstions if I turn the transmitter off and play with the tuning. It's actually very amusing. It also almost never happens, though.

Oh, they don't work well in my condo between floors. The concrete & steel block the signal to much.
I've got a cheap pair of RCA wireless headphones I picked up at Walmart a couple years ago. The tuning is really touchy on them, but once you have it set right they're not bad.. after using the cheap RCA ones for a while though, I'd definitely buy higher quality next time around.