FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cai And Mbrp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
K, so I take the car out for a spin, after sitting for 6 weeks in the drive way right.

Now, because i have a cold air intake, and my exhaust i'm thinking "why doesn't it have "punch" anymore. Feels like i've lost some torque.

Now, i'm fully aware that sitting around doesn't do anything good for the gas in my tank, so i've been burning off the full tank i had prior to my trip. I just today filled up with premium at a 1.16 a liter...I'm hoping to clean out the crappy old gas feeling in my car.

Does, or has anyone experienced the sense of lost torque? or Pep?

just curious
What kind of CAI are you using? If it's a metal tube maybe the air that is going through it it's not cold anymore...Like the K&N CAI or Short Ram some are plastic with special coating inside so the tube never gets hot inside and the air is still cold. Like buying a CAI from ebay the air is going to be hot at a point because metal gets hot.
focusonthis_88,May 7 2006, 11:49 PM Wrote:What kind of CAI are you using?  If it's a metal tube maybe the air that is going through it it's not cold anymore...Like the K&N CAI or Short Ram some are plastic with special coating inside so the tube never gets hot inside and the air is still cold.  Like buying a CAI from ebay the air is going to be hot at a point because metal gets hot.
[right][snapback]186002[/snapback][/right]

Its a Focus Sport

Bad seal somewhere?

Check all yu gaskets and such.

Also, toss in a bottle of fuel additive or injector cleaner as well.

Sounds like :o you've got an exaust leak somewhere.
Why would it be an exhaust leak? Do you hear it leaking? <_<
Flofocus,May 8 2006, 09:23 AM Wrote:Why would it be an exhaust leak?  Do you hear it leaking? <_<
[right][snapback]186034[/snapback][/right]

Don't exaust leaks lead to loss of powah?
ANTHONYD,May 8 2006, 02:31 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,May 8 2006, 09:23 AM Wrote:Why would it be an exhaust leak?  Do you hear it leaking? <_<
[right][snapback]186034[/snapback][/right]

Don't exaust leaks lead to loss of powah?
[right][snapback]186035[/snapback][/right]

they give you MORE power.. ever run a car right off the headers? haha

I think an exhaust leak can potentially cause a lose of torque but I'd have to say it would have to be a significant leak and you'd hear it.
Have you been driving a faster car for the past 6 weeks? That would explain a lot. :P
Flofocus,May 8 2006, 06:04 PM Wrote:Have you been driving a faster car for the past 6 weeks?  That would explain a lot.  :P
[right][snapback]186074[/snapback][/right]

I hate that, you drive around in someone's car that is faster than yours and then you get into your lil jalopy and get depressed :(
nass,May 8 2006, 02:19 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,May 8 2006, 06:04 PM Wrote:Have you been driving a faster car for the past 6 weeks?  That would explain a lot.  :P

I hate that, you drive around in someone's car that is faster than yours and then you get into your lil jalopy and get depressed :(
[right][snapback]186075[/snapback][/right]

Yep..I enjoyed the pep from my rental sebring more than my own car,.,..

man..the focus is a slow car!
nass,May 8 2006, 01:19 PM Wrote:

The key is to never ride in other cars that are better than yours! Problem solved! ;)

NefCanuck
microbunny,May 9 2006, 01:17 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]186117[/snapback][/right]

do you have a manual or automagic?
nass,May 8 2006, 07:54 PM Wrote:
microbunny,May 9 2006, 01:17 AM Wrote:

do you have a manual or automagic?
[right][snapback]186123[/snapback][/right]

In my world it's called Standard. (yes a manual)
microbunny,May 8 2006, 09:17 PM Wrote:

No s***.

I took out the old man's Impala the other day... holy crap.

Powah. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I feel the same way after I drive a car with more power than mine, but 9x out of 10, my car absolutely trumps them in the handling department, thus re-inducing a stupid grin on my face. I think I'm gonna crack and buy the PW kit and install it on my summer leave...
Fast is nice, but you can only drive so fast from light to light.

And then I look at my gas gauge and smile :)
NOS2Go4Me,May 10 2006, 08:59 AM Wrote:Fast is nice, but you can only drive so fast from light to light.

And then I look at my gas gauge and smile :)
[right][snapback]186515[/snapback][/right]
well btw the time you get to the light I stopped at from going fast it'll be green again and I'll be gone :D. While your sitting there looking at your gas gauge.
Burn... i guess.

Well, probably not.

How much longer till this topic is locked?
who knows. Lets help it along.

does your 300C have more power than your Focus. Be honest now.
Better question can you watch your 300C's fuel guage just slowly tick down while idleing :D
Pages: 1 2