FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bsaunders...re2.jpg&.src=ph

2006 IMPREZA WRX STI SEDAN
Manual 6-speed

SAFETY FEATURES
· Dual driver and front-passenger front air bags (SRS)*
· Subaru advanced frontal air bag system with driver's seat position sensor and front-passenger seat occupant detection sensor (SRS)*
· Front-seat-mounted head/chest side-impact air bags (SRS)*
· Three individual rear head restraints
· Height-adjustable 3-point front seatbelts with pretensioners and force limiters
· 3-point rear seatbelts at all seating positions
· Rear child-safety door locks
· Safety brake pedal system
· Energy-absorbing collapsible steering column
· Ring-Shaped Reinforcement Frame body structure with hydroformed front subframe structure
· Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
MECHANICAL FEATURES
· Driver Controlled Center Differential (DCCD) All-Wheel Drive: Exclusive to the WRX STI, Driver Controlled Center Differential (DCCD) All-Wheel Drive, featuring both manual and automatic modes, uses an electronically managed multiplate transfer clutch in conjunction with a planetary gear-type center differential to control power distribution between the front and rear wheels. Normally, DCCD splits power 41% front and 59% rear. Sensors monitor parameters such as wheel slippage, steering angle, throttle position and braking to help determine torque distribution to the wheels with optimum traction. DCCD also features a helical-type limited-slip front differential and mechanical limited-slip rear differential.
· 2.5-liter DOHC intercooled, turbocharged aluminum-alloy 16-valve 4-cylinder horizontally opposed SUBARU BOXER engine with Active Valve Control System. Iridium spark plugs.
· 300 hp @ 6,000 rpm
· 300 lb-ft @ 4,000 rpm
LIMITED WARRANTIES
· Basic Warranty - 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first
· Powertrain Warranty - 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first
· Rust Perforation Warranty - 5 years, unlimited mileage
· For complete warranty information, including coverage and exclusions, see your Subaru dealer
INTERIOR FEATURES
· 6-way manually adjustable driver's seat; 4-way manually adjustable front-passenger seat
· STI-design front seats with fixed integrated head restraints and embroidered STI logos
· Perforated leather-wrapped 3-spoke STI-design steering wheel with contrasting red stitching
· Perforated leather-wrapped shifter and parking-brake handle with contrasting red stitching
· Dark gray metallic trim on dash and console
· Aluminum-alloy pedal covers
· Carpeted floor mats
· Power front and rear windows with driver's auto-down
· Power mirrors
· Electronically controlled cruise control
· Dual cupholders in center console; dual retractable rear cupholders
· Sun visors with concealed vanity mirrors
· Lockable and illuminated glove box
· Center console with armrest and enclosed storage compartment
· Analog speedometer, tachometer, coolant temperature and fuel gauges with illuminated red needles on black faces and white indicators
· STI-design instrumentation with aluminum gauge trim rings, center-mounted tachometer, gauge needles full-sweep on start-up and adjustable tachometer red-line warning with audible indicator
· Digital clock and odometer including dual-mode trip odometer
· Digital ambient temperature gauge
· 140-watt 6-speaker premium audio system with 6-disc in-dash CD changer
· Automatic climate control system with CFC-free air conditioning, air filtration system, rotary controls for temperature, 7-speed fan and airflow direction.
· Keyless entry system with answer-back electronic chirp
· Antitheft security system with answer-back electronic chirp
· Engine immobilizer
EXTERIOR FEATURES
· High Intensity Discharge (HID) low-beam and multireflector halogen high-beam headlights
· Aluminum-alloy hood with functional hood scoop (feeds turbocharger intercooler)
· STI-design front bumper with lower air intake, integrated front and corner spoilers. STI-design rear bumper with rear diffuser.
· STI-design body-color aerodynamic side ground effects
· Trunk-mounted dual-plane and roof-mounted rear spoilers
· STI high-performance-tuned exhaust system with single stainless-steel outlet
· Body-color side mirrors
· Body-color door handles
· Two-speed windshield wipers with variable intermittent mode

Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price: $32,995
Optional Equipment and Other Items
BLUE ALCANTARA / OBSIDIAN BLACK PEARL --
SILVER $0
Silver Wheels
PERFORMANCE EXHAUST SYSTEM-CAT-BACK (SPT) $495
WHEEL LOCKS (ALLOY WHEELS) $24
FOG LAMP KIT $355
SHORT THROW SHIFTER, 6 M/T - STI $395
SUBWOOFER/AMPLIFIER $235
TURBO BOOST GAUGE $237
FLOOR MATS, ALL WEATHER $50
DESTINATION & DELIVERY $625
Total Suggested Retail Price $35,411
(Accessory price does not include installation)

SUBARU ALL-WHEEL DRIVING SYSTEM

To achieve maximum Traction and Performance, every Subaru integrates a unique system combining All-Wheel Drive with a symmetrically balanced horizontally opposed engine and an optimally tuned independent suspension. The result is superior Handling and Control in all-driving conditions STANDARD ON ALL SUBARU VEHICLES

Accessory price shown does not include installation costs. Actual price is set by the dealer and may differ by dealer based on local installation or labor costs. Please check with your local dealer for availability in your area.

Note: MSRP is suggested retail price and does not include destination and delivery, licenses, and state or local taxes. Destination and delivery includes handling and inland freight fees to the dealer's location, and may vary in some states. Accessory price shown does not include installation costs. Actual price is set by the dealer and may differ by dealer based on local installation or labor costs. Please check with your local dealer for availability in your area.
Prices, specifications, options, features and models subject to change without notice.

* The Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) (air bags) affords the driver and front passenger additional protection in a moderate to severe frontal or (when equipped with front-seat side-impact air bags) a side-impact collision. This system provides supplemental protection only, and seatbelts must be worn in order to avoid injuries to out-of-position occupants upon bag deployment and to provide the best combined protection in a serious accident. Children should always be properly restrained in the rear seat.

So you're telling me that the STI with all those goodies now comes out to $35,411 instead of somewhere like $50,000?
think the price that Sundown is going by is the American one. Just checked Subaru Canada's website, the STI starts at $48,000, without any other options.
Wouldn't it make sense to import it from the US now, since their currency is in the gutter?
Yeah its US
I am Debt free now....
To import it cost about the same after taxes

Just need a new daily driver.
Putting the SVTF with the 03 Cobra and the 90 LX.

Stable is growing slowly.
I wouldn't mind a lightening if anyone knows of someone selling one.
Perferably Black
How can it cost the same after taxes? you're taxed on a lower amount.

$35,411 USD = $39,377 CDN

So tax on $39,377 would be WAY lower than tax on $48,000

Am I missing something critical here?
Nicley done!
Aka,May 8 2006, 03:18 PM Wrote:How can it cost the same after taxes? you're taxed on a lower amount.

$35,411 USD = $39,377 CDN

So tax on $39,377 would be WAY lower than tax on $48,000

Am I missing something critical here?
[right][snapback]186048[/snapback][/right]

Senor "Duty" at the boarder will like to have a word with you.
I thought duty = taxes.

Eitherway I don't see how it could be $17,000 in taxes/duty.. .anything less than that and you've gotten the car cheaper than you can in Canada.
Aka,May 8 2006, 03:07 PM Wrote:I thought duty = taxes.

Eitherway I don't see how it could be $17,000 in taxes/duty.. .anything less than that and you've gotten the car cheaper than you can in Canada.
[right][snapback]186084[/snapback][/right]

No taxes is sales taxes and duty is a fee that the border will charge you for shipping through there customs and there end of the border.
They'll f*** ya ever way they can to get a buck. Thats the American way.
Sundown,May 8 2006, 08:57 AM Wrote:Just need a new daily driver.
Putting the SVTF with the 03 Cobra and the 90 LX.

Stable is growing slowly.
I wouldn't mind a lightening if anyone knows of someone selling one.
Perferably Black
[right][snapback]186045[/snapback][/right]

Theres 1 or 2 black L's on canadatrader......BTW, you sir are my hero. :blink:
PIGEON1,May 8 2006, 04:44 PM Wrote:
Aka,May 8 2006, 03:07 PM Wrote:I thought duty = taxes.

No taxes is sales taxes and duty is a fee that the border will charge you for shipping through there customs and there end of the border.
They'll f*** ya ever way they can to get a buck. Thats the American way.
[right][snapback]186090[/snapback][/right]
I thought Sales tax was PST, and Duty was GST. Whenever I import anything, the duty is no more than the tax would have been, half the time it's usually just 7%.

As for shipping, what if you just drove down and picked it up?
guess that would depend how you pick it up.

say you paid for it and told your insurance company your buying a new STI and need plates and insurance for it, drove down to a dealer and drove it back to canada. might not have the problem with duty.
Aka,May 8 2006, 04:07 PM Wrote:I thought duty = taxes.

Just to be clear:

GST = Federal Sales Tax (8% of the value in CAD including shipping)
PST = Provincial Sales Tax (x% of the value in CAD including shipping)
Duty = Import tariff charged by the Federal Gov't

Duty on most things automotive coming from the States is 0% - but it all depends on the country of origin. Something purchased in the States that was made say in Taiwan, might in fact be subject to duty.
ZTWsquared,May 9 2006, 12:32 AM Wrote:
Aka,May 8 2006, 04:07 PM Wrote:I thought duty = taxes.

Just to be clear:

GST = Federal Sales Tax (8% of the value in CAD including shipping)
PST = Provincial Sales Tax (x% of the value in CAD including shipping)
Duty = Import tariff charged by the Federal Gov't

Duty on most things automotive coming from the States is 0% - but it all depends on the country of origin. Something purchased in the States that was made say in Taiwan, might in fact be subject to duty.
[right][snapback]186112[/snapback][/right]

yup it's very important that when you get something shipped to you from the states make sure they low ball the value, state the country of origin as the USA and label it as used automotive parts. You'll save yourself extra duty.

As for the VIN does it tell if the car was made for the US or Canada?
I think it was probably made in japan.
scoobasteve,May 9 2006, 09:22 AM Wrote:I think it was probably made in japan.
[right][snapback]186212[/snapback][/right]

I was tol the VIN gives all the details including the origin facory, Not 100% on that though. If you call a dealership and ask I'm sure they can give you the actual answer.
what I meant was if the VIN stipulates what market that car was destined for....

fine I'll do the leg work!

Ford VIN decoder

Subaru

answer to my question: No it doesn't.
since the vehicle was built overseas, are you gonna get charged the 6% tariff on top of taxes?
more than likely yes.
Pages: 1 2