FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Could Be Good News For Oakville Plant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why am I thinking of that movie with Micheal Keaton working for a Japanese auto mfg. (Gung Ho?) :lol:

NefCanuck
Makes good sense. If a small player in the North America market like Subaru can have a plant here* why not Mazda. Mazda is not big like Toyota, Nissan or Honda but ceratinly bigger than Subie.

I would guess Oakville would be ideal for the Mazda crossovers. I guess the $CDN recent rise vs the $US will figure in the final decsion. Not sure how either are moving relative to the Yen.

*Legacy/Outback built in Indianna
2001 ZTS,May 7 2006, 07:43 PM Wrote:I would guess Oakville would be ideal for the Mazda crossovers. [right][snapback]185964[/snapback][/right]
So Meford -- could this mean a CX-7 or CX-9 in your future?
well if they take on one of fords plants and re-tool it to produce Mazdas that would be good for Ford, and their emplyees none the less.
ZTWsquared,May 7 2006, 08:42 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,May 7 2006, 07:43 PM Wrote:I would guess Oakville would be ideal for the Mazda crossovers. [right][snapback]185964[/snapback][/right]
[right][snapback]185976[/snapback][/right]

could be, but ask me again next week and that answer will change :D
meford4u,May 8 2006, 08:30 AM Wrote:
ZTWsquared,May 7 2006, 08:42 PM Wrote:
[right][snapback]185976[/snapback][/right]

could be, but ask me again next week and that answer will change :D
[right][snapback]186013[/snapback][/right]

No s***. :rolleyes:
That would be good news for oakville. Not to mention the N/A manufacturing sector.Getting new plants starting up instead of shutting down.