FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cost Of O2 Sensors?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know how much do the O2 sensors cost from the dealership?

i need before and after the cat. I went to remove the set that i have but they are glued rock hard to the old cat and there is no way i can take them out.

Also if anyone has ways/tools that i need to buy in order to take them out please let me know

this is for a 2000 Ford Focus ZX3, 16V engine, incase anyone needs to know
I believe they cost around $160 each.
Try heating them up with a torch and if that doesn't work than spray with release all. I recomend geting ngk o2's from wal mart, their way cheaper than motorcraft.
vealzx3,May 7 2006, 11:57 PM Wrote:Try heating them up with a torch and if that doesn't work than spray with release all. I recomend geting ngk o2's from wal mart, their way cheaper than motorcraft.
[right][snapback]185968[/snapback][/right]

holly crap, i didnt think they were that much,

How much are the NGK's at walmart?
i just used an 1"1/16 wrench and they came out easily .. they broke loose easily when i took them out of your header a couple weeks ago ..
160 is what they cost, I replaced mine. I bought a set of 02 sensor tools from princess auto...the tools were like $12.99 or something like that....but a open wrench should work fine too...just put a little muscle into it :)
use an oxy-aceteline torch, i had the same problem, dont heat the sensor, jsut the metal around the bungs and a little of the bungs. bring to any small shop and offer some money to get them out if you cant do it urself
mo_focus,May 8 2006, 12:39 AM Wrote:
vealzx3,May 7 2006, 11:57 PM Wrote:Try heating them up with a torch and if that doesn't work than spray with release all. I recomend geting ngk o2's from wal mart, their way cheaper than motorcraft.
[right][snapback]185968[/snapback][/right]

holly crap, i didnt think they were that much,

How much are the NGK's at walmart?
[right][snapback]185974[/snapback][/right]

I can't remember the $. Give walmart auto dept a call. You can also try bosch brand but I heard that they are not as good for o2 sensors.
Most stock ford O2 Sensors are made bosch.
I believe in the Case of the Focus there are Bosch
NGK ones run for about $110. I payed 103 for my one. Then I just went to the salvage yard and started ripping them out out of every focus there lol. Much cheaper that way.
Sundown,May 8 2006, 03:04 AM Wrote:Most stock ford O2 Sensors are made bosch.
I believe in the Case of the Focus there are Bosch
[right][snapback]185996[/snapback][/right]

Maybe they are oem bosch?. But the bosch ones i'm refering to are round and have spiral cuts in them. The oem ones are thinner and shaped like a cigarette filter and have pores at the tip.
If you don't need it right away....... Look on-line.

They're a fraction of the price normally.
I knew someone who paid $65 for their O2 sensor from the dealership...

strange....
darkpuppet,May 8 2006, 02:42 PM Wrote:I knew someone who paid $65 for their O2 sensor from the dealership...

strange....
[right][snapback]186037[/snapback][/right]

Maybe they were just trying to impress you :)
I got my old O2 Sensor (it wasn't bad), sort of swapped it with zero effect on fixing my problem.

PM me if interested, make an offer.
Denso OE upstream O2 sensor - 42.98 US (48.80CAD)
Denso OE downstream O2 sensor - 41.98 US (47.70CAD)

Free shipping within US .... here ... oxygensensors dot com
ZTWsquared,May 8 2006, 03:59 PM Wrote:Denso OE upstream O2 sensor - 42.98 US (48.80CAD)
Denso OE downstream O2 sensor - 41.98 US (47.70CAD)

Free shipping within US .... here ... oxygensensors dot com
[right][snapback]186060[/snapback][/right]

thanks for the site, i was looking at them last nite and i will get it from them. The only thing with them was it would take 5 days for delivery and I cant drive my car.

So i just got my brand new used car :) the focus days for me is over :(

I guess i will have to drive my 99 suns***, opps i meant sunfire until i can fix/sell my focus and look at getting something else.
Done. got them from the same site as ZTW mentioned.

total cost 99.08 US, i guess it will be around 115 CDN plus other cost, around 150.00 total. Its still way less then what the freaking dealer would charge me.
$20 bucks to me woulda worked too :P
hardk0re,May 8 2006, 05:39 PM Wrote:$20 bucks to me woulda worked too :P
[right][snapback]186071[/snapback][/right]

damm u, you are telling me this now? :(

ohh well, to be honest i just want to get this thing over with.

its costing me more to put the old cat back on, rather then selling my car with race headers. what did i do wrong here :):):)

i was suppose to sell stuff to get a lil bit of money back, but i guess it didnt work that way
Pages: 1 2