FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Speaking Of Clutches...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today I decided to teach my brother (who just got his 365) how to drive stick...bad ideer for sure. I have my new clutch sitting in the garage so no worries...I hope. It's been almost 140K since I bought my ZTS so I think I got my money's worth. The reason I'm starting this topic is for a number of reasons...yes, being an IODIOT is one of them. After the whole 30mins of grinding and stalling, it seems my car is bogging at idle and making one heck of a racket while my foot is off the pedal (neutral). Is this "clutch chatter" from the reasons above or is it the actual gear box? Just curious...and please take it easy with the "dumbass" comments, I'm a bleeder.
residentdud,May 6 2006, 11:15 PM Wrote:Today I decided to teach my brother (who just got his 365) how to drive stick...bad ideer for sure. I have my new clutch sitting in the garage so no worries...I hope. It's been almost 140K since I bought my ZTS so I think I got my money's worth. The reason I'm starting this topic is for a number of reasons...yes, being an IODIOT is one of them. After the whole 30mins of grinding and stalling, it seems my car is bogging at idle and making one heck of a racket while my foot is off the pedal (neutral). Is this "clutch chatter" from the reasons above or is it the actual gear box? Just curious...and please take it easy with the "dumbass" comments, I'm a bleeder.
[right][snapback]185899[/snapback][/right]

Hard to say but usually it's the throwout bearing that goes first when you have lots of KM on a clutch. Just book it in and get the clutch replaced before anything else happens. Does your clutch still work is it slipping or are you having trouble getting in or out of gear?
Well i guess after reading this i won't be teaching my gf to drive my car until i have the money put away for a new clutch. With a 120k i'm sure i'm closer to needing a new clutch and a new driver prolly won't help.
I picked up a dual-friction centerforce clutch from Ford Racing...good deals. The install is what hurts for labour, unless you do it yourself
Hey, was this tranny/clutch chatter you had worse when the car wasn't upto full temp yet, but idling long enough to drop the fast idle? Mine makes this noise pretty bad, along with that windage noise in the first 3 gears when the engine is under load. I Blow shifts from 2nd to 3rd sometimes now too...

Maybe I need a clutch...
the knocking can be the gear rollover noise.

But i'd put my money on the throwout bearing...

all svt owners know that noise all too well.