FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Spray Waxes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After washing the car today, I had the urge to polish the car (immediately considering going out a buying Eagle One's Wax as U Dry as Nef posted up in another thread.) But... I had a bottle of Mother's latest synthetic spray wax that I bought at PI last year, and thought I'd give it a shot on the Focus (bought it for my old truck). (Mother's FX line)

The stuff buffs out nicely, and created a pretty nice gloss with such little effort. For weekly maintenance (after washing), this product kicks ass. Otherwise, the Mother's Showtime Detailer takes off dust and some dirt much better than even the Meguiars Quik Detailer.

[Image: 20224.jpg]

Mothers.com Wrote:FX™ Engineered Spray Wax

Advanced technology designed for today’s paints. Simply mist it on clean paint (wet or dry), spread evenly, then buff to a brilliant shine. It’s that easy! Thanks to high-tech chemistry, Mothers® FX™ Spray Wax can be used as a booster over your existing wax, as a stand-alone product, or to maintain high-use areas of your vehicle.
Cool, maybe I'll try that..

and yes alot of people use spray waxes...they are quick and easy and most do a fairly decent job for a..quickie!

Turtlewax platinum series pro detailer (spray) is great too...has some uv protectant stuff in it and smells like coconuts!

I have used the turtle spray we picked up on the truck and I really do like it.

After the truck dries and I find water marks from where it has dripped off the truck afterward, and I use this stuff.............BAM

She's good to go.........
I use Eagle 1 Wet Wax, it's a fantastic product, it was all I used on the focus the last year I had it never waxed it once. I use it every time I wash one of my cars, rinse spray and towel off the car.

It works especially well on black cars.
This is all we use to clean the race car... thats it... dirty.. spray on, wipe off, buff to shine

[Image: autoCareAllPolishMothersCalifornia_Gold_...zed200.jpg]

They have recently changed the bottle...
[Image: 08224.jpg]
I use this on my cars... its actually pretty good on bugs!

[Image: Poorboysspraywipe.jpg]

LINKY
I buy it from the guy that runs this site.
I use this on my guitar! shines pretty good
[Image: 27696888.jpg]

and yet again they changed the bottle on this too
[Image: product_A3316.jpg]
WTF is with companies always changing the friggin bottles??? by the time a normal person uses the old bottle they don't recognize the product on the shelf and think its no longer made when actually its just a new bottle... I usually spot them no prob... but i hear a lot of complaints
Those ones shown above are Quick Detailers, or QD's. No real protection, just gloss enhancing and shine. Great after a wash to make it pop, but no staying power. Kind of like the first time... Feels great, but no staying power... :P

I've been using the Eagle One Nanowax Spray lately. Seems to last about a month. Good beading, good depth (carnuba blend). It's a good wax to use between 'real' waxings (Meg's NXT, # 26, Nanowax Pump, etc.).

Clicky here for info

I like it because I can give some protection to the car in under 15 minutes. :)

Ryan
Well the Mothers Spray Wax I posted, is a wax that stays similar to most waxes... but regardless of what spray wax you buy, they will never offer the same protection as conventional waxes (liquid/paste).
reldridge,Aug 11 2006, 11:41 PM Wrote:Those ones shown above are Quick Detailers, or QD's. No real protection, just gloss enhancing and shine. Great after a wash to make it pop, but no staying power. Kind of like the first time... Feels great, but no staying power...  :P

I guess, but that is as close to spray wax as I get..... so I posted it
If I want to wax I'll hit it up with a real wax job... no spray farting around.... the "QD's" have some wax properties to them for sure... We have never waxed the raec car ever, and it beads better than any of my cars when it gets when (rained on). and we never wash the body unless using the QD.
I really like the Turtlewax ICE QD....it doesn't leave that streaky swirly haze after you buff it like a lot of other QD's do. I think some have teflon of silicone in them, which creates the greasy finish. The ICE wax doesn't leave that for me. I think I must use the Turtlewax Platinum paste wax at least 2x per month...it's Petawawa, gotta find things to do here if you don't have a house or other toys that you need a trailer and truck for...lol