FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Eagle 1 Wax As U Dry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was in my local Costco last night and saw this product. The advertising on the packaging and bottle made it sound like it was perfectly idiot proof and since I'm the village idiot I thought I'd give the stuff a try.

Although the bottle claims that you can in fact apply this product to a dry clean car, I went with the preferred method. That being washing the car first and applying while the car is still wet. I used the product on the glass, metal and plastic in addition to the body panels as per the bottle claims.

Shaking the bottle as directed and then spraying produced a milky white substance that was spread in a fairly wide pattern thanks to the trigger bottle. I then used one terry cloth to ensure even spread and a second one to buff out the product, using new rags for each section of the car.

Overall I would say that I'm satisfied with the shine on the painted surfaces and the clarity of the glass after buffing out the product, no issues on either the chrome or plastic surfaces either.

However the product did nothing to hide the faint scratches that were on the cars surface. As the bottle recommends the use of this product weekly, I would think that scratch hiding is simply beyond what this product can do.

8 / 10 as a weekly waxing product for shine quality

5 / 10 if used less frequently or if you're looking to hide/buff out scratches with it.

NefCanuck
Looks like a promising product... if only I had more room for cleaners... :lol:
NefCanuck,May 6 2006, 02:31 PM Wrote:However the product did nothing to hide the faint scratches that were on the cars surface.

That's not what it's for. It will not repair or do much of anything to hide surface imperfections or scratches. The only way you will ever get those out it to use a polish and then wax the car.

For what it's supposed to to 10 out of 10.

Good review!