FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mosport Experts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, after twelve years of just being down the road and around the corner, i'm going to go to Mosport for the American Lemans weekend coming up. Does anyone here have any tips on where the best spot is to watch, other inside a car, on the track, what else is available for entertainment on that weekend, the best food places, if any. Basically, what's the whole experience.
oldeguy,Aug 26 2009, 07:57 AM Wrote:So, after twelve years of just being down the road and around the corner, i'm going to go to Mosport for the American Lemans weekend coming up. Does anyone here have any tips on where the best spot is to watch, other inside a car,  on the track, what else is available for entertainment on that weekend, the best food places, if any. Basically, what's the whole experience.
[right][snapback]293292[/snapback][/right]

The best food place is probably your house ... other than that there's nothing close to the track - Bowmanville is in fact the closest populated center ... there's a couple of road house type restaurants to the east on Hwy 35/115 - but it's a pain getting on and off the hwy (plus never eaten there either.)

You can buy the typical overpriced burgers and dogs at the track, but it's not that great and the lineups are terrible.

Your best food bet is to bring a bbq and do steaks or whatever.

As to which corner ... kind of depends on what you like. A big fan favourite is turn 5 ... the corner is a bitch, which makes for great racing, and the hill makes for great sitelines all the way from turn 4 down into turn 5 and out of turn 5b up into the straight ... but ... you have to walk about 1/2 mile over rough terrain to get there.

Turns 8/9/10 are good, but the spectator space is limited ... although if you get near the TV camera station near turn 10 you can see the action live plus on their monitor.

I like on the outside of turn 2 or 3 ... lots of parking space, camping space there ... good sightlines (turn 2 is an uber-fast, reverse camber left-hander and people go off there all the time) ... you can basically park your car where you want to watch from ... the downside is that you are a fair bit from the exit - so it will take a while to get out of there once the racing is done ... my solution frankly is to make another meal and wait for the traffic to abate and then leave.

Mosport is a great spectator track - if you arrive early you won't have any difficulty finding a great spot.

If you're going for the whole weekend you could even camp out Sunday night and watch Gabriel, Daniel, me and the rest of the SVTOA boys do our thing there.

This will be the first ALMS weekend at Mosport that I've missed in 6 years ... just didn't have enough brownie points to swing that and the SVTOA event too. Hope you have a great time. Cheers.
The Lemans is a great race. Are you camping? It's the only way, waking up to the rumble of practice laps. Great time.
Rain sucks, but... makes for an interesting race.
are the tickets $50?
NikiterZTS,Aug 26 2009, 03:45 PM Wrote:are the tickets $50?
[right][snapback]293323[/snapback][/right]
Thanks for the info gentlemen, I'll take Ken's info into consideration, and bring a cooler full of food, unfortunately, I have to work Monday, so no staying for the SVTOA meet.
Nick, I bought my tickets for $65.00 for the whole event, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I think the price goes up to $80.00 if you buy them after today.

Rain makes for exciting racing, always enjoy slippery when wet situations.......