FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rear Brake Shoes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
has anybody had a problem with the rear shoes on their focus?
just want some feedback guys?
I've only done mine once so far. And that was after about 100k of driving on them so i'd say they last pretty good.
When I changed my brakes the front were 75% worn and the rears had 75% remaining. I'm still on the original shoes at 80,000km.
focuzedn2o,May 6 2006, 08:10 AM Wrote:has anybody had a problem with the rear shoes on their focus?
just want some feedback guys?
[right][snapback]185813[/snapback][/right]
Our Foci have rear brakes?! The way I go through fronts you'd never know it.

And to your question -- 6 Foci, all turned in at end of lease with 60 to 80k -- never had the need to do rear brakes - ever.
after 210000km on the clock still with the orginal rear shoes.
Replace shoes.. not usually.... but wheel bearings... now thats another story!!! (not my car, just what i see in shop) I have disc
thanks guys,

ive been gettin screwed by a couple local shops lately.
3 sets of shoes in 4 weeks. i think thats retarded. So i went o them and said what the hell?

I went on the weekend and had them redone at midas. They work great now.
Each shop i went to said they turned the drums and switched the shoes, but the drums were never even touched. Thats y i went through so many shoes.

Alll I can say is that there are a lot of people that like to take advantage of others and it really pisses me off.