FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Fanatic Mag...rip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I didn't know that this had already happened, but I saw it today on OFOC...and that was Focus Fanatic mag is done, and there is only one more partial issue that will be included in the 5.0 and superfords mag in July.

This sux, as I am SICK 2 DEATH of seeing only import related magazines at the newstand. Not everyone can afford a $35,000 -$50,000 car BEFORE modding it...sheesh

Anyways, I'm sad to see it go, as it was my favourite new mag.
It's probably REALLY tough to fill a magazine with useful info EVERY month on a car that has a lot less modding potential than a Honduh.
Ya as much as i liked the mag, you just couldn't fill it on a regular basis. It will be missed.

RIP Focus Fanatics
Shame to see it go, I enjoyed the one issue I was able to find last summer (after going around to almost every bookstore & performance shop in the GTA <_< )

NefCanuck
The Focus world is so small and misundrstood especially on this continent, the only people to blame for that is Ford NA.
2001 ZTS,May 6 2006, 08:00 PM Wrote:The Focus world is so small and misundrstood especially on this continent,  the only people to blame for that is Ford NA.
[right][snapback]185875[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm ... I think I know what you're saying, but don't forget the Focus was the best selling car in the world at one point and is still right up there.

The reason the Focus never became a contending youth / performance car in NA, is only because the American consumer would never pay for the car what the Europeans apparently are willing to pay. Different tastes, different sensibilities, different value equations. Which is also why we didn't get the Mk II.

I agree that it's a shame, but the "blame" should be laid squarely at the feet of the American consumer.

I can assure you that Ford NA, and especially Ford of Canada, would love to sell Focus like they do in Europe - in large numbers, with lots of interesting powertrains and options ... and profitably.