FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Blown Focus > Mustang Gt?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just wondering...

I have seen a LOT of posers riding around in their parents Rustang GTs latley. This is pre-2005 (1999-2004) where they ride on 260bhp and 306btq..

just wondering, since they dyno out at about 220hp (dont know about tq) if I am rocking a 250fwhp Focus, if they would fall prey to my little ol 4 cylinder?

I think I would be rocking 250fwhp, and 210fwtq, running 12 psi on the PW kit I just ordered. I am asking because I know torque makes all the difference, even though I would be pushing out more ponies than him, my torque is significantly lower. But still im getting 24MPG+ :)

I know the facts:

- I will beat him out of the dig since I am FWD, he is not
- I will beat him up until the end of 2nd gear (maybe a little bit more or less)
- then he might pass me and own me.
- his car weighs about 700 more pounds (800 when I gut the rear)

but then again, when can 3rd gear be achieved in the city? not very often because wed already be pushing 130km/h

I am asking this because every poser I know, if challeneged to a track event, will not show. Haha im not calling every mustang owner a poser, just the ones who drive their cars with their hats on sideways, seats so far back, and are playing 50 cent crackling their stock speakers, in their parents Mustang GT.

anyone know what I would be expecting?
FWD is a disadvantage out of te hole, NOT an advantage. If you are pushing 250 hp at the wheels you'd likely win. I'll try you in my 100% stock Cobra. :P
bluetoy,May 6 2006, 02:38 AM Wrote:FWD is a disadvantage out of te hole, NOT an advantage. If you are pushing 250 hp at the wheels you'd likely win. I'll try you in my 100% stock Cobra. :P
[right][snapback]185779[/snapback][/right]

I thought rwd was the disadvantage...?? thats why I see fwd cars jump ahead in the start then get overtaken by the RWD?

of course, if I had AWD, over.

but hey, if your willing to take the trip to Victoria, id race you with my 130hp car :P

02ztsian

Rear wheel drive=weight transfer. Rear wheel drive is at an advantage here. The FWD unloads the fronts at launch, causing wheelspin. The reason must RWD smoke 'em outta the hole is V-8 torque. Torque gets mass moving, horsepower is for top end speed. And nothing makes better torque than good ol' pushrod V-8s.
02ztsian,May 6 2006, 03:05 AM Wrote:Rear wheel drive=weight transfer. Rear wheel drive is at an advantage here. The FWD unloads the fronts at launch, causing wheelspin. The reason must RWD smoke 'em outta the hole is V-8 torque. Torque gets mass moving, horsepower is for top end speed. And nothing makes better torque than good ol' pushrod V-8s.
[right][snapback]185787[/snapback][/right]

ah narg that reminds me here that I am an idiot ! :)

I guess since most races are done from a roll in this city, I would have an advantage :P

but anyways, I think i got my question answered hahaha.
I'll Run you with my 03 Cobra.

lets put some $$ on to make it interesting or for fun doesn't matter to me
No holds, anything goes you do what you want to the focus.
Set a date I/m there.
PS I ran 11.82 127MPH 1/4 in Grand bend last summer
Increased boost over the winter I am excited to see what she can do
Sundown,May 6 2006, 12:43 PM Wrote:I'll Run you with my 03 Cobra.

lets put some $$ on to make it interesting or for fun doesn't matter to me
No holds, anything goes you do what you want to the focus.
Set a date I/m there.
PS I ran 11.82 127MPH 1/4 in Grand bend last summer
Increased boost over the winter I am excited to see what she can do
[right][snapback]185822[/snapback][/right]

ok so you'll both meet in the middle which should be like sask. or something :)
theres no way i see 250whp getting you into the 11's mang...
that sounds like some fighting words... I think he is calling you out. Boost the car and make him eat his words!
nass,May 6 2006, 09:37 AM Wrote:that sounds like some fighting words... I think he is calling you out. Boost the car and make him eat his words!
[right][snapback]185842[/snapback][/right]
Honestly guys I'm just playing around..
My Wheel Hp before the new mods this winter was 375-400 Hp
I am estimatine about 475-500HP
I also changeed my gears to 3:73
I figure I am close to breaking into high 10Sec mark.
Too bad your so far away though. I would go ya with My SVTF and put on my old Nitros kit (maybe not The 75HP shot but at least 60HP)
Its good once and a while to get the testosterone flowing.

Toodles

Ps Drive it like you stole it

haha I was kidding around, I knew you had no chance against him

:D
PerfectSaiyan,May 5 2006, 09:33 PM Wrote:I think I would be rocking 250fwhp, and 210fwtq, running 12 psi on the PW kit I just ordered.
[right][snapback]185777[/snapback][/right]

So i'm assuming you didn't buy the used kit off FJ?
euro_zx5,May 6 2006, 06:51 PM Wrote:
PerfectSaiyan,May 5 2006, 09:33 PM Wrote:I think I would be rocking 250fwhp, and 210fwtq, running 12 psi on the PW kit I just ordered.
[right][snapback]185777[/snapback][/right]

So i'm assuming you didn't buy the used kit off FJ?
[right][snapback]185854[/snapback][/right]

no I did, I got some well known members of team FL and of focaljet to proctor it for me.

money sent on friday kit MIGHT be in my hands before dyno days.
PerfectSaiyan,May 6 2006, 02:56 AM Wrote:of course, if I had AWD, over.

[right][snapback]185782[/snapback][/right]

awd + turbo only launches hard if you are ready to really abuse the vehicle...