FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My New Deck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just bought my new deck today

went with the Alpine CDA-9853

http://www.tecnosoundsanremo.it/images/a...9853_p.jpg
Congrats! Nice pick... :)
Welcome to the Alpine club
i love my alpine!!!
Me 2
Me 3. B)
Nice pick up! Alpine finally has some interesting decks out. For years they were soo boring.
habmann,May 4 2006, 06:33 PM Wrote:Nice pick up! Alpine finally has some interesting decks out. For years they were soo boring.
[right][snapback]185410[/snapback][/right]

I think that's last year's model. Some have changed in design since then.
yep its last years model, i was also thinking of the 9855 dut the inly differance is cool graphics and 4v pre-outs
habmann,May 4 2006, 06:33 PM Wrote:Nice pick up! Alpine finally has some interesting decks out. For years they were soo boring.

Boooo....

alpines new decks are s***.... well for audiophiles..

for some reason you cant get 4v preouts spending under 700$ now with alpine.

I mean, I'm a diehard alpine guy. I've got their top of the line decks for 4 years straight now.

but their new line is making me think of eclipse.
ZTS_DJ,May 5 2006, 01:23 AM Wrote:yep its last years model, i was also thinking of the 9855 dut the inly differance is cool graphics and 4v pre-outs
[right][snapback]185483[/snapback][/right]

Still, very cool buy. :D
scoobasteve,May 5 2006, 08:35 AM Wrote:

Boooo....

alpines new decks are s***.... well for audiophiles..

for some reason you cant get 4v preouts spending under 700$ now with alpine.

I mean, I'm a diehard alpine guy. I've got their top of the line decks for 4 years straight now.

but their new line is making me think of eclipse.
[right][snapback]185506[/snapback][/right]
I've got the 9835 and it's got 4v pre-outs. I picked it up taxed with an extra 3yr warrenty for 450$.
Ive Had... the CDA 7977, 7995, 9815, 9835 and 9855.

i'm talking 2006 alpine...

If you notice, theyre trying to ramp up sales on their DVD headunits. not only the dvd screen decks...

So this year... you cannot get a regular CD/HU. w/4v preouts and biolite for under 700$

even the base dvd decks dont come with 4v preouts, which should be standard now.

If you look at their Indash DVD H/U line. theyve eliminated their top end D90x series. and their top end model is the D310. Same headunit released 3 years ago. and it has gone through little to no improvment. and to top that off they've released 2 in dash screens which are cheaper but have the same technology as their low end decks 2 years ago.

Alpine doesnt seem like they want to make high end product anymore, Theyre pushing garbage now, in order to make sales.
scoobasteve,May 5 2006, 09:37 AM Wrote:Ive Had... the CDA 7977, 7995, 9815, 9835 and 9855.

i'm talking 2006 alpine...

If you notice, theyre trying to ramp up sales on their DVD headunits. not only the dvd screen decks...

So this year... you cannot get a regular CD/HU. w/4v preouts and biolite for under 700$

even the base dvd decks dont come with 4v preouts, which should be standard now.

If you look at their Indash DVD H/U line. theyve eliminated their top end D90x series. and their top end model is the D310. Same headunit released 3 years ago. and it has gone through little to no improvment. and to top that off they've released 2 in dash screens which are cheaper but have the same technology as their low end decks 2 years ago.

Alpine doesnt seem like they want to make high end product anymore, Theyre pushing garbage now, in order to make sales.
[right][snapback]185538[/snapback][/right]
Doesn't matter to me anyways, this deck will be the last one i buy. After that Carputers :D
I see, but you did ask why i was upset with alpine.
scoobasteve,May 5 2006, 09:51 AM Wrote:I see, but you did ask why i was upset with alpine.
[right][snapback]185547[/snapback][/right]
No no I'm in a sense agreeing with you. Just I won't buy any HU's anymore. No need really. I just will prolly end up with signal processors, in which case alpine still makes some gooders.
Yup. Lets hope they keep that up.
scoobasteve,May 5 2006, 11:14 AM Wrote:Yup. Lets hope they keep that up.
[right][snapback]185574[/snapback][/right]
I hope so I've always like the sq from alpine, just their decks were always kinda fugly. But I liked the 9835 so I bought it. I'm just hoping they keep the SQ and build quality they have from the past. I don't want alpine to turn into sony.
steve your right, me and my buddy were looking at the 2006 models and they're garbage compared to the older alpine units
yup, i was talking to a couple friends in the business. and they said they ordered as many 9853,9855 units that they could at the end of the 2005 season. So theyre all stocked up.