FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anybody Have A Viper Car Alarm?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thinking of getting one, looking for some info on them first!
i don't personally have one, but am going to be getting one REALLY soon and have plenty of friends that have them..if you get one, get the 2 way remote ones, they are awsome! A lil pricy yes, but well worth it IMO...which is why i'm getting one once the funds are available lol
Ya if I get one its going to be the Viper 5000, they told me $479 installed, which isnt that bad

dannyq,May 4 2006, 01:39 PM Wrote:Ya if I get one its going to be the Viper 5000, they told me $479 installed, which isnt that bad
[right][snapback]185335[/snapback][/right]

Viper = DEI = Good Stuff.

Buddy of mine has a Boomerang system in his Mustang Bullit...

sounds like it's more a pain in the ass then anything.

For example, he has to keep his battery charged while in storage otherwise the "Boomerang" people call and tell him his car has been stolen.....

lots of $$ but i'm not sure the worth of it. Yeah okay they can pin point your car to about 3 feet...but if it's been stolen, i'm sure you could find it, regardless....just look for the Mustang burning off on some deserted street....

I have a Clifford RS 2.5 with proximity warn-away... another DEI brand, and I'm quite happy with it.

Just remember, the more features, the more energy it draws, and the more maintenance it will need.

but I like to think I've helped teach people parallel parking over the last couple years
I've got a Python Two Way, great alarm.
Personally I'd take the compustar over all vipers alarms. But if you have some money to blow, get the clifford matrix 3.5 responder and a boomerang setup.