FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Reminder 2006 Census Forms Coming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just thought I'd give a gentle prod to all of us that live in Canada to remind them that the 2006 Census forms are coming soon (or should have already arrived)

New this year is the option to complete it online with the code that comes with the paper census. Using the online access it took me no more than 10 minutes to complete (I got the short form this time)

Remember folks, it is the law to complete and return the census forms :)

NefCanuck
As long as I can stick it to them and tell them I'm pure Canadian.

I'll try the online form instead of the other one.
NefCanuck,May 4 2006, 09:43 AM Wrote:Just thought I'd give a gentle prod to all of us that live in Canada to remind them that the 2006 Census forms are coming soon (or should have already arrived)

New this year is the option to complete it online with the code that comes with the paper census.  Using the online access it took me no more than 10 minutes to complete (I got the short form this time)

Remember folks, it is the law to complete and return the census forms :)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]185271[/snapback][/right]

OK legal beagle maybe you know? Whats up with the consent to disclose personal information in the year 2098 question? Not that I care as I got the short form too this time. By 2098 they'd probably be able to get the same info off my headstone.
I did the long form online last night. 35 minutes later.
NefCanuck,May 4 2006, 10:43 AM Wrote:Remember folks, it is the law to complete and return the census forms :)

What if I write "F*** THE LIBERALS!!!" all over it?
2001 ZTS,May 4 2006, 10:12 AM Wrote:OK legal beagle maybe you know? Whats up with the consent to disclose personal information in the year 2098 question? Not that I care as I got the short form too this time. By 2098 they'd probably be able to get the same info off my headstone.
[right][snapback]185279[/snapback][/right]

IIRC it has to do with the collection and dissemination of personal information under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) the Federal legislation governing the collection of personal data by the federal governments and private businesses.

NefCanuck
Who facking cares about the god damn Census?
My Dad already did the short one (I think). You only get one per household correct?

I guess I don't have to worry about this then.
NefCanuck,May 4 2006, 10:43 AM Wrote:Remember folks, it is the law to complete and return the census forms :)

Get right on that. :rolleyes:
Jays2000ZX3,May 5 2006, 02:42 PM Wrote:Who facking cares about the god damn Census?
[right][snapback]185509[/snapback][/right]

i do, and every other entreprenuer out there.
I got the long form 3 times in a row. Last time I added a note telling them they could kiss my ass if they sent me the long form again. Guess which form I got...They're not getting anything out of me.
Just an FYI. For those that don't know the long form is 40 pages cover to cover.
Aka,May 5 2006, 05:26 PM Wrote:My Dad already did the short one (I think). You only get one per household correct?

I guess I don't have to worry about this then.
[right][snapback]185710[/snapback][/right]

Yep, onee per household... so I guess your dad was bored enough to do it instead of fobbing it off on you? :lol:

NefCanuck
bluetoy,May 5 2006, 08:29 PM Wrote:I got the long form 3 times in a row. Last time I added a note telling them they could kiss my ass if they sent me the long form again.  Guess which form I got...They're not getting anything out of me.
[right][snapback]185767[/snapback][/right]

Okay what are the odds that over a twelve year span you'd get the long form each time? :blink: Do you get audited by Revenue Canada every year too? :(

NefCanuck
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=medium]Everyone should know: this census will be conducted by an AMERICAN corporation! this means that Uncle Sam WILL have ALL the information you wish to supply! You can thank free- trade for this. Oh & 9-11 of course. I heard of a web site Related to this I think It's called http://www.countmeout.ca I think everyone should check it out to see just what we are getting into with this census!
Just finished the short one online 2mins start to finish.